No announcement yet.

DM-Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAM = 2 teams, goal to eliminate all the members of the other side. You start off with all weapons and armor. Also time-limit based so after the time limit is hit you start to lose health. Last team member(s) standing get the point and its score limit is 10 (at least when I played).

Comment

Yeah pretty much the same thing. I used to play it a bit towards the end of my UT time and it was good fun & a change from the normal game type.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Lillien View Post
        Is TAM basically Rocket Arena from UT99?
        Team Arena Master is a DM and round based team mode. You play on DM maps, at the beginning of a round each team spawns pretty much at one side of the map. You start with all weapons and a certain amount of ammo and health/armour. A team scores when it kills all opponents in a round. First team to 10 points wins. There are also little variations to the gameplay, like adren, health and armour pickups or ressurection combos.

Most played gametype in 2k4.

Edit: Masaai &'*$!/@! :P

Comment

Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
          Edit: Masaai &'*$!/@! :P
          lol Leo. OTOH, your version was more succint than mine

I have heard that there is a mod called Last Man Standing in development for UT3 that is pretty much TAM.

Comment

I don't understand why you pulled UT04 into the mix. It seemed that more people had DM-Rankin going on then. Deck is a great map and the reason I played it at the time was because my machine sucked when I first got the game and my computer ran that map just fine. After I upgraded to the 6800gt I didn't play deck as much as I use to but still enjoy the map. I do not enjoy servers that only play one map though, even if it is one I really like.

~Death Dream~

Comment

With the remixed music and revamped visuals it was great the first few times for nostalgia's sake alone, but it is getting pretty old. Never spent much time on the 2k4 version, but I'd already played it to death in UT99.

It's still one of the most enjoyable maps when the frame rate is smooth and the dynamic music doesn't mess up, but I think the layout is starting to show its age when compared to the other maps. I bet the guys that remade it this time round were itching to rearrange parts of it and improve the flow and player distribution.

Comment

Ruined by the connection hallway from the shock area to the former flak dead-end. Creates a loop that makes the rest of the map completely obsolete, and far more dangerous to enter. There's nothing you can get in teh center that you can't take more easily and safely from the edge ring. Lame!

Comment

actually i gotta agreee with hedge there that the dead ends of goo and flack should have been brought back in.
                  yes it does let the map flow alot better but it can get congested around the flack goo shock area. when it was closed off it did mean that the middle of the map saw more action now you can just run around the outside unless you go for the sheild.
                  but hey i still love it.
                  never really liked the 2k4 version though as it just felt way too big.

Comment

2003 2004, times deck17 wasnt played as much as rankin was, I am missing rankin in ut3

but without boostdodgin rankin wouldnt be as good as in ut2k4

Comment

I just cannot stand playing ANY to death very long time. Thats my philosophy.

Comment

I like Deck 17 and Deck (UT3) about the same. 2k4 felt a *little* better, but UT3's version is prettier.

It's one of my favorite maps.

Comment

This is by far one of my most favorite maps, i just loved all the maps from original Unreal;
                          But my fav is still DM-Ariza ohh man i wish some one re-makes it, i am even thinkin about it myself. But yeah, i always liked Deck for its simplicity and brightness...I think they abit "overdid" it in the UT3 release, but still - Deck all the way

Comment

I think it's fun in a way. But everytime I play 1on1 the opponent chooses Deck and I start to feel a little bored.
                            But, you choose the map you know. I always choose Sentinel or Diesel, they are NEW and much more fun of that reason.

But if you think about it, most of the UT3 DM-maps isn't that much fun. It's in the custom-map the fun is. I just wish that more pub-servers would use them, like DM-critt
                            MMMmmm

EDIT: The reason the UT3 maps isn't as fun as the custom ones are that the designers probably focused more on details and lightning and eye-candy. The custom maps (the HOLP-pack, the only ones that I've got) are more about functionality. And that's what counts.

Comment

UT3 is the first UT I've played and I love deck. It is my favorite map.

Its a great well balanced map. All the weapons are useful on it and it plays well. (RL is not the most dominant but it is still plenty useful) Its not overly crowded and players are not on top of one another (like that pos biohazard) but the way it is made still makes for great close quarters fights. You can quickly and easily find someone to kill and just as easily avoid someone and run away.

I really wish there were a couple more maps that were as balanced and played as well as deck. Until then I'm voting for it every 3rd map.

Comment

DM-Deck is the reason that I've put UT3 on the shelf and quit competitive 1on1 FPS gaming for now.

Hopefully when enough decent custom maps comes out this map will get removed from the map poll, so we can play some decent maps.

imo Deck is an awful map. Slow paced, promotes boring game play, simply because it has been played to death, nothing new happens on it any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X