Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 or 10-Player Official Servers for DM/TDM, what would you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 or 10-Player Official Servers for DM/TDM, what would you think?

All the official servers are always the max player number for the platform(16 for PS3). Is there a reason for that?

The full map list is votable, so what ends up happening is you get stuck on a map that suggests 2-4 players with a full room. I can't even imagine what it's like playing a DM game on PC with 32 people at Heat Ray. That would just be unplayable. For PS3, even 16 players on Heat Ray for TDM is too hectic(and not in a fun way). It just promotes luck over skill which is unfortunate.

I wonder if there are any plans to make official 8 or 10-player servers since the official servers usually have the best ping, and they are consistent and pure. Maybe even have the map vote list split up so the smaller maps are playable on the small servers, and the bigger maps playable on the full player number servers. What do you guys think?

Why not. People like overcrowded maps believe it or not. and a 16-32 (T)DM server will never be competitive anyway. so doesnt really matter.

Comment

8 Tdm 10 Dm

Comment

I tend to leave if it goes over 10 people.

I think 6-8 is the most fun for DM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atropos91 View Post
          8 Tdm 10 Dm
          Just curious about why you feel that 10 is not good for TDM. 5v5 just too strange a number?

Comment

The problem gets even worse as people love voting Biohazard and Risingsun on full 16-32 player DM servers. As almost every server is min. 16 players, I wonder why they even put any small maps in the game. You never get to play them with intended playercounts unless you play in LAN with some friends.

Just think about WAR-Marketdistrict, WAR-Sinkhole or WAR-Tankcrossing. As every single WAR server is 16-32 players, it's near impossible to play those maps online with proper playercounts. We would need some small servers with only small maps in mapvote.

Comment

You mean i'm not alone with my dislike for 32 player Bio matches? Thank god!

I do really wish that server admins would decrease the player counts, it would also spread players out amongst the servers which would really help.

I'd say 8-10 would be ideal.

Comment

Maybe even keep the 32 and 16 player servers up, but instead of making them all like that, make half of them 8-10 players. Like Pser mentioned, maybe there are people who like playing crammed into a map with that many players, but an option for the people who want to play the maps with the intended amount of people would be nice.

Comment

Player count must change according to the map.

I'd like to have it like on the America's Army Servers. A map is repeatedly played like 4-5 hrs straight, then server switches to another map, could be a restart server and not only servertravel, so that the max player limit can be adjusted.

Comment

I would definately like to see more 8 player DM/TDM servers. Anything above 8 starts to become very spammy and all it does is force you to kill quicker.

I'd much prefer up to 8 players so that you can use your skills a little bit more.

I play TDM sometimes just for the sole reason that if its a 16 player server, then there will only be 8 opponents max

Comment

Great Idea. I don't much care for anything above 5v5 on ANY map to be perfectly honest. Plus it would decrease the lag a bit I would imagine.

Comment

i just want.

iTDM Server up to 10 players and my ping the regular 16-24
                        iDM Server up to 10
                        and iCTF Server up to 10

all the ping i mentioned above... but atm there are only server where i have ping 40 or higher... so i don't play public... like the most people i know...

and the pickups aren't so popular as they could... there aren't even some fun server like ig 150% quad jump low grav big head **** ^^

i gues as long as the servers have so many problems there wont any good out there

Comment

Might just be me but I can't feel the difference between 24 or 40 ping..

Anyway for publics I actually like servers with alot of people on them, though the maps need to be able to support those numbers and the original maps certainly not do that

Comment

there is one maybe not so big... but 40 ping would be nice.. most the server are around 70 - 100 just said 40-60 because it anoying me like 70-100 and don't wanted to be send to 40er servers

Comment

40 ping is great! I think if you're not playing online because of that you've got a bit of an altered view of reality :P

You're in the top 10% for pings. Instant hit is fine on anything up to about 60-70.

Comment

Working...
                              X