Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Xenithar View Post
    Epic needs to get a **** clue and lose the sorry-*** login system. I am still extremely upset about not being allowed to use my ******* name of the past fifteen years in-game.
    I'm with you, buddy: GameSpy was never up for the satisfaction to my meaning. Slow community, very confusing navigation, bloated with ads and also manage to fail in very inappropriate moment (although failures are sucks in theirs vast majority )

For example: call me a dumb, but regardless of amount of manuals I've read about it, I still cannot change my UT3 profile password. I changed it everywhere in GameSpy, I literally have no idea where else to look. I know www.gamespyid.com allright, but it's only a GameSpy profile for me, I can't see anything related with UT3. Even if I have to change only GameSpy's password, new password not being accepted as my UT3 profile's pass. And above all that I cannot even play with my old credentials. I'm desperate here, desperate, confused and evil-minded.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amen to that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's another major flaw in this game's design. As I stated before, when the GameSpy servers go down, UT3 becomes unplayable while the others are still playable at least via direct connection to a known IP address. Epic needs to get a **** clue and lose the sorry-*** login system. I am still extremely upset about not being allowed to use my ******* name of the past fifteen years in-game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep same here. Stuck @ login screen. 6:57pm Pacific time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Eww one more time!

Sucks yes I have the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The servers are down. Go to your UTGAME.ini file and make the appropriate changes.
    [UTGame.UTUIFrontEnd_LoginScreen]
    bSavePassword=True
    bAutoLogin=False

Right now your file will have True set on auto-login. It needs to be false to play off line until the servers come back up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have this problem also. Sounds exactly like yours. I have no clue how to solve it.

Leave a comment:

• Cannot play UT3 because i'm stuck on Gamespy login screen

Is anyone else unable to login to their Gamespy right now? I've just tried booting up UT3 a few times and everytime it goes to log me in and just stays on that screen. It hasn't crashed or anything, it's just not logging me in so i guess there's something wrong with Gamespy? It's really annoying with the way UT3 is that if you click past the intro videos it auto logs you in and then you're stuck there if Gamespy can't log you in. I waited about 10 minutes and then had to use task manager to shut the game down because there's no cancel log-in button or anything.

This happened a while ago aswell, it's pretty silly that you have to register some silly account and pray that it will let you log in whenever you want to play the game. Why couldn't it just be like the old UT games where you choose a name and that's that?
Working...
X