Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is pipeswitch?

ya i'm a noob, what is pipeswitch?

This is a command allowing you to bind 2 weapons to one key for example. It does not work as well as it did @ 2k4 though.

Comment

what is the purpose of that?

Comment

In UT99, I was ~ equally skilled @ Flak and Rocket-launcher. So I bound both weapons to one single key. First weapon (key pressed once) to appear was Rocket, second (key pressed again) Flak. In case I donĀ“t have Rocket, Flak will appear instantly with first key-press (if picked up). It did not really matter to me with what weapon I was fighting, so I bound two weapons to one key. I did the same with Mini/Pulse. It was just some kind of personal preference and in that case my gamestyle.

EDIT:
        I should mention I am not a "WASD"-Player; I use the Num-Block, and there are less keys available in a certain distance.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonjk View Post
          what is the purpose of that?
          Binding the same amount of weapons to fewer keys.

Example: if you bind rox/flak to one key, link/stinger to one key and sniper/shock to one key, then you can access 6 weapons by only using 3 keys. This keeps stuff simple.

Also, hitting the pipeswitchweapon key will work when you only have one weapon, so when you hit the key you have less chance of accidentally selecting a weapon that's out of ammo.

Comment

Working...
          X