POLL : Fave Warfare map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL : Fave Warfare map?

Im just interested to see peoples answers on this...... as I am a bit surprised how much people want to play Torlan online - dont get me wrong its a great map but I feel it gets played a little *too* much especially when it was in 2k4 since the demo so we've all played it to death already.

I think its a real hard choice to choose one..... its between Avalanche or Floodgate for me at the moment!

snakebite or snarflan. lol. user created but still ill.

Comment

Snakebite does indeed look good..... but im talking about the 'stock' maps

Comment

Downtown, avalanche, power surge, and arctic stronghold.

Comment

Either Floodgate or Downtown. But as the latter became some kind of the clan's home map by now, I pick that one. :>

Comment

onyx coast. how can this map not be in this poll :<

Comment

Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
              Just as Market District. And Sinkhole. :< How many poll options? Thought you could pick up to 10 or so. :s

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeech View Post
                Snakebite does indeed look good..... but im talking about the 'stock' maps
                eh 4get warfare mode. i just adjust the config files so you can play them as DM. much more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
                  I suppose it was left out because everyone would vote for it, making the poll boring and useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                    I suppose it was left out because everyone would vote for it, making the poll boring and useless.
                    could be. but then downtown and torlan shouldn't be in that list either

like leo. this poll miss a lot of maps. the title should be changed to "favorite warfare map among those"

Comment

0% for Serenity, that seems odd.

Comment

Downtown, Avalanche, Onyx Coast.

Comment

My favorite changes. It used to be Downtown, but after playing that to death it can no longer hold the position. I was a little surprised the way strategy and gameplay evolved on Tank Crossing, and that is my new favorite.

Comment

Am i the only one loves islander to death, that map is great though i have to admit its pretty one sided for the defenders usually lose.

And i also love powersurge, the battle between the two prime nodes is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JPINATOR View Post
                              0% for Serenity, that seems odd.
                              Not really, it can be game over once a team controls all nodes and has a full health Levi, it's also hard to sneak the orb thru to capture a well defended node because everywhere on approach you're sighted, spotted and checked by tank or ambushed. The same applies to torlan where the team controlling can track and check the enemy orb carrier right from leaving their base because of the long clear view of what's coming right up to the enemy base entrance.

Onyx coast and floodgate are the best WAR maps IMO, with rolling terrain(Onyx)& multiple access points to nodes at the node housing areas, spot early & wait/ ambush doesn't work, and camping isn't rewarded as a tactic, plus you gotta love those jump pads in Onyx

To sum up,imho in a well designed WAR map- firstly, there shouldn't be clear long line of sight from the prime node housing area and secondly the question for the defending team should be; where will enemy players enter? Multiple access points in a well designed node housing area(downtown passes the first test, fails the second, due to tank camping at prime aided by the limited entry points) The worse map, imo is Sinkhole; it just needs scaling up by at least 4x as there isn't room to breathe and it is basically like a tight DM map with mantas- constant spam and death, even for decent players.

Comment

Working...
                              X