Campaign online with a Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign online with a Friend

Hi, we have tried all day to play the campaign part online, me and a buddy.

We tried making a public Campaign, but we wanna do it just us, and we got overrun with other players all the time.

Is there no way to play just the two of us via the internet, without having to play with others.

We tried the Game Invite with a Private campaign, and we tried the Follow Friend function, neither worked (connecting... But nothing happens), is there no way of putting a password on a Public Campaign., or a third solution we did not think about.

Please help us.

-QJonas.

start a campaign in lan mode and then have your buddy connect with the open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7777? command.I did this and it worked well ,played it through with 2 buddies.This game will not show up online so no one else will join.

Comment

Great, thanks. But how do we IP-connect because i we read that this was possible, but never found out how to do it is it en "external" command or something ??

I have not played unreal since the orignal Unreal Tournament, so i don't know all the fancy codes and commands

Comment

all you need to do type ip in console as per

Originally posted by Vlad^Tepes View Post
        open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7777

Comment

Originally posted by Qjonas View Post
          I have not played unreal since the orignal Unreal Tournament, so i don't know all the fancy codes and commands
          it was the exact same command in UT as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
            it was the exact same command in UT as well.
            Well ok

But when he has opened a lan game how do i know what his IP is, i tried his local IP 192.168.XXX.XXX with No luck.

Is there a command that shows the game ip ???

Comment

Ok, we have now tried openning Both global and Local IPs for both a Private Campaign and a LAN public campaign, and all we still get is connecting... But it never does, so if anyone has more suggestions please start posting them.

Or just tell me what we are doing wrong.

Comment

You could host a LAN game with hamachi. Hamachi is a programm, which establishs a network in the internet. So you can play on your private network with your buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
                  You could host a LAN game with hamachi. Hamachi is a programm, which establishs a network in the internet. So you can play on your private network with your buddies.
                  Alternative methods are allso welcome. Thank you

Comment

are you including the port number ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot View Post
                      are you including the port number ?
                      Yes :7777 is on.

And i allso tried without it. Still all i get is connecting.

Comment

Stil interestet in how i see the IP of a created campaign game BTW.

Comment

Working...
                        X