X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ati Ccc 8.1 Ftw !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
      Reports say these , like other previous beta drivers upset auto fan control (runs at 100%), so it can be better to wait -or if you install pay attention to bug issues and maybe monitor what is happening to GPU temps/ fan speed.
      Ah, thanks for the suggestion mate. I'm thinking I'll just wait until these drivers are WHQL since my performance is fine with my current drivers.

Comment

I don't mind the noise and performance is better using 4xAA and also in Crysis so no going back to the 169 series or lower for me. Heck I need the fan running at 100% just to get idle temps of 57C or less and once I start gaming the temps of my cards easily go over 70C and at about 73 and above the system will start showing artifacts and then crash. Of course I am using SLI and also I OCed my card to 675/975 from 650/950 and this does make a difference. The drivers are very stable so far and they work on Gears and also UT2K4 ... the two other games I play the most. Haven't tested with Lost Planet or WiC though.

Comment

whats it do????

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyDevil View Post
            whats it do????
            um drivers? what do drivers do? o.0 *bash head into wall*

Comment

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
              um drivers? what do drivers do? o.0 *bash head into wall*
              no, just these ones... lol

Comment

Hmm, does this version support AA with Nhancer for Unreal 3 again?

Comment

Yes .. there is full support for games like Gears which has the FSAA option for DX10 based systems and you can force AA (although it will be incomplete in many areas of a level) through either the Nvidia control panel or Nhancer.

Comment

All this did was drop my resolution to 800x600 and my max color to 4 bit. I wasn't able to set it any better, so I reverted.

Comment

There are some notable improvements in the Nvidia Control Panel. In the Manage 3d settings section, under Program settings the program list is now a drop-down list. Underneath it is the option to see only programs found on this computer. However when I have this option selected the settings box comes up empty. So you can select your program this way, and then uncheck the box for the settings to show up.
                      [shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/nvcontrolpanel.jpg[/shot]

There is a new option on the settings list, "Maximum pre-rendered frames." "Maximum pre-rendered frames limits the number of frames the CPU can prepare before the frames are processed by the GPU. Increasing this value can smoother gameplay at lower frame rates."

Nvidia Control Panel seems kinda buggy where it didn't before with 169.28. It frequently 'reloads' itself like a web page, resetting all lists and scroll boxes to their default position. But what do you want, it's a beta driver and not even one released on the nvidia website. I'm gonna go try it out in UT3 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                        All this did was drop my resolution to 800x600 and my max color to 4 bit. I wasn't able to set it any better, so I reverted.
                        Same here, 'tis all ****.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          Yes .. there is full support for games like Gears which has the FSAA option for DX10 based systems and you can force AA (although it will be incomplete in many areas of a level) through either the Nvidia control panel or Nhancer.
                          Hmm, so does this mean that we can expect the next "finished" driver from Nvidia to work again with Unreal 3 AA for Windows XP together with Nhancer?

Im still using the last beta which worked with Nhancer AA in Unreal 3.

Edit: Btw, will this beta driver work with an GTS 8600?

Comment

been using these drivers in my rig for about a week now no hassles to report.

and installing new drivers its not uncommon for the system to default to 800x600
                            and also your refresh rate too.
                            you have to go in and reset everything.

for those of us who know... its not a big deal.

if you didnt build your rig ( you bought it at wally world or office max )
                            id suggest sticking to the whql drivers for your sanity.

the rest of us will tweak tweak and tweak every last ounce of performance.

forum to watch .... for news and information: regarding video drivers
                            http://www.tweakforce.com/

lurk in their forums and read the latest cutting edge info from the guys who do this.
                            ( and NO, i do not post in their forums )

have fun!

Comment

Working...
                            X