Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

171.16 For Vista 32/64 And Xp 32/64 !!! -

Guru3D Mirrors:

ForceWare 171.16 Vista beta (64-bit) (2/3/08)
    ForceWare 171.16 Vista beta (32-bit) (2/3/08)
    ForceWare 171.16 WinXP beta (32-bit) (2/3/08)

On Palit !
    http://www.palit.biz/main/download.p...ate=vga&id=517
    Not yet tested !

Wow! About time these were released.

I'm pretty fond of 169.32 though. The only game I'm really playing is UT3, and I have a pretty nice, stable OC. =/

These are apparently amazing for Crysis though. If anyone could post their opinions on these I'd be very grateful.

Comment

I'm sure these are fine but officially we're still on 169.21 so this (171.16) is a beta after the .32 , then there was the .28 floating around that is three sets around, all newer than the nvidia site drivers?

Comment

Tnx for the headsup.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
          I'm sure these are fine but officially we're still on 169.21 so this is a beta after the .32 , then there was the .58 floating around that is three sets around, all newer than the nvidia site drivers?
          um.. the offical current driver is 169.25, unless you meant something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
            The latest WHQL is 169.32, which you can get for Vista, or for the 8800 GS for XP (or tweak it to open it up to all videocards).

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
              Yeah, I looked up xp with the default search; xp 169 .21 , it's only showing 169 .25 if you switch to vista search atm, so I didn't notice.

Comment

Hm, I don't know about Beta drivers. Are there any risks in installing them?

Comment

Originally posted by theGoddamnBatman View Post
                  Always =)

These are schistier than usual.

Comment

Thanks for the links.

Comment

Originally posted by theGoddamnBatman View Post
                      Reports say these , like other previous beta drivers upset auto fan control (runs at 100%), so it can be better to wait -or if you install pay attention to bug issues and maybe monitor what is happening to GPU temps/ fan speed.

Comment

whats it do?

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                          Reports say these , like other previous beta drivers upset auto fan control (runs at 100%), so it can be better to wait -or if you install pay attention to bug issues and maybe monitor what is happening to GPU temps/ fan speed.
                          Yea, my fan wasn't happy after installing these - defaulted to 100% after reboot.

Comment

I think the main point of beta drivers are to try to fix or enhance the performance or compatibility in a handful of stuff and overall quality and expecting all features to work should not be expected although even the official WHQL releases from nvidia haven't been the greatest lately. I'm still content with the 169.02 WHQL for my 8800GT - everything works, performance is great, and I get none of the annoying bugs that seem to show up for me in the newer drivers (I'm talking also non gaming issues like video playback quality on my plasma.)

Comment

Originally posted by Elohim View Post
                              Yea, my fan wasn't happy after installing these - defaulted to 100% after reboot.
                              Happened to me too.. sure.. it's nice with GPU-temp of 40-42C, but I prefer to be able to hear myself think
                              Rolled back to 169.32.

Comment

Working...
                              X