Keybindings and Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keybindings and Music?

I just got the collectors edition the other day. I was fairly well acquainted with UT2004, and I find myself looking for a lot of the same 'features' in UT3. Some stuff that you guys may know, but that I don't, I'd like to ask about. If there's a thread that explains it, it became buried and I can't see it

1) Team command keybindings. In most of the UT games, you could bind a key that would automatically order all your bots to either attack, defend, freelance or hold position, WITHOUT having to go through the 'voice menu' thing. I haven't seen any game menu choices to do that, so I presume you have to set it up in the CONFIG files. But I'm not sure which changes to make and such. That would be helpful.

2) Music menu. UT2004 had a neat little in-game music menu where you could point to MP3s on your hard drive and set up a playlist, giving you a choice of tunes during your matches. It was the "F11" key in UT2004. Does it exist in UT3 or was it removed and we no longer have choice?

3) I do 3d player models (and hope to start converting some of my UT2004 models over to UT3 soon). A handy feature in UT2004 was the 'behindview 1' console command, which still works in UT3. However, UT2004 had another command called 'freecamera 1'. Used in conjucntion with 'behindview', the freecamera command would let you rotate the camera from it's 3d perspective and let you look at your character from any angle. This was very useful in seeing how it looked in game. Is there a similar command in UT3?

4) A total list of custom keybinds would be nice too, including how to bind keys to give text commands to team mates and such.

Any info would be welcome. I've got the Unreal 3 editor 'how to DVD'. I don't know how much or how many of it's tutorials will teach users how to import custom character models. I hope it's a LOT. If not, are there any good tutoral sites? The UDN website is very hard to find UT3 tutorials that don't require a developer password...

Playlist editor

Yeah what did they do with that playlist editor. That was great

Comment

Originally posted by Slyrr View Post
      I just got the collectors edition the other day. I was fairly well acquainted with UT2004, and I find myself looking for a lot of the same 'features' in UT3. Some stuff that you guys may know, but that I don't, I'd like to ask about. If there's a thread that explains it, it became buried and I can't see it

1) Team command keybindings. In most of the UT games, you could bind a key that would automatically order all your bots to either attack, defend, freelance or hold position, WITHOUT having to go through the 'voice menu' thing. I haven't seen any game menu choices to do that, so I presume you have to set it up in the CONFIG files. But I'm not sure which changes to make and such. That would be helpful.

2) Music menu. UT2004 had a neat little in-game music menu where you could point to MP3s on your hard drive and set up a playlist, giving you a choice of tunes during your matches. It was the "F11" key in UT2004. Does it exist in UT3 or was it removed and we no longer have choice?

3) I do 3d player models (and hope to start converting some of my UT2004 models over to UT3 soon). A handy feature in UT2004 was the 'behindview 1' console command, which still works in UT3. However, UT2004 had another command called 'freecamera 1'. Used in conjucntion with 'behindview', the freecamera command would let you rotate the camera from it's 3d perspective and let you look at your character from any angle. This was very useful in seeing how it looked in game. Is there a similar command in UT3?

4) A total list of custom keybinds would be nice too, including how to bind keys to give text commands to team mates and such.

Any info would be welcome. I've got the Unreal 3 editor 'how to DVD'. I don't know how much or how many of it's tutorials will teach users how to import custom character models. I hope it's a LOT. If not, are there any good tutoral sites? The UDN website is very hard to find UT3 tutorials that don't require a developer password...
      As you've noticed, there is no speech/key binder in UT3 which I think is just plain bizarre. How they think that the voice menu is really usable in a fast pace game like UT3 is by far the biggest head scratcher for me in regards to the game. All other UT's had one (2K3 not right at release but they added one later) so I have no idea why they haven't put one in.

I've said this before, but sometimes I wonder if the current dev team even knows what made the earlier UT's great. It was a sum of many parts honed to perfection. This includes even the small things like speech binders that gave people alot of extra functionality/flexibility.

Comment

Are you absolutely positive bots can't be controlled with one key? I can at least get the bot command menu to pop up, but not any further than that, so that's something... That and what buttons do the xbox folk use to command their bots?

Comment

Voice keybinds

Has Epic still been too lazy to add this simple feature that they have had since 1999? I want to be able to add voice taunts and commands such as "Incoming", "Defend the Base", "Cover me", and "You suck!"

Anyone know what the status of this is? I mean I know Epic had to strip and rip out all the good features of UT to make their console game and console port to the PC, but for goodness sakes......

Diekrupt

Comment

Epic has left out a lot of good old features

Comment

Originally posted by MSFHeggi View Post
              Epic has left out a lot of good old features
              Honestly, although some of the Titan pack maps are great, I wish they would have thrown out a few and spent some more time on the UI for things like a speech binder.

Comment

Their mp3 player always crashed the game for me when I tried to load more than a few tracks on it. Don't miss that at all.

I used to pipe music in through the aux input.

Comment

The UT2k4 mp3 player wasn't that great. You're better off playing winamp in the background and using media control keys on your keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X