Ranking: How do you feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranking: How do you feel?

If you could request a single change to the current ranking system, what would it be? If it isn't covered in the poll, post your wishlist change!

Seperate it out between gametypes + US/Europe

Comment

Since it's one wish, I'd make it a worthwhile and complicated one

I would give anybody who is defending the enemy prime node with an Orb, paladin or in a turret, one third of the points generated by any player who dammages the enemy core.

If you are in the prime node area in any other vehichle or on foot you get one sixth.

And your points per hour compared should become a factor in the ELO change

Comment

Show individual game stats

Comment

I dunno, just that is was like in 2K4 N thats a mega change, even when using Enemydown for UT3. I loved that you could check individual matches u played even for a while back. I miss that.

Comment

Originally posted by North View Post
            I dunno, just that is was like in 2K4
            just like it was in Unreal Tournament
            :P
            Kidding aside...
            I feel good, I got a bit of an upset stomach from too much coffee...
            anywho...
            I think the system needs a little more time to develop.

Comment

I really only think ELO should be kept for Duel

Comment

Originally posted by North View Post
                I dunno, just that is was like in 2K4 N thats a mega change, even when using Enemydown for UT3. I loved that you could check individual matches u played even for a while back. I miss that.
                Yeah, if there's one thing I want to see in the stats, it's the individual match statistics. That gives you a much better indicator of how you're doing in individual matches in relation to those you were playing with.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                  Yeah, if there's one thing I want to see in the stats, it's the individual match statistics. That gives you a much better indicator of how you're doing in individual matches in relation to those you were playing with.
                  Word. The stats as they are sux and ELO could be scrapped IMO. Remove everything and add individual match stats gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob.JW View Post
                    QFT

That would be the best way, the only issue is how would they separate them? I guess they might be able to use IPs to determine where someone is but I prob what they should do is give the user an option to select where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
                      Word. The stats as they are sux and ELO could be scrapped IMO. Remove everything and add individual match stats gets my vote.

Elo is quite fine and was in 2K4 as well. But I really do miss the individual match stats.

Comment

Most duels are played on private servers without stats. Any ranking will be pointless as pro gamers don't even bother playing on pubs. Stats are cool, ranking is meaningless.

Comment

seperate it out between gender. male, female and bots :P

Comment

One change I'd make is to make refer to it in all caps, like ELO...

It's just Elo. The letters don't stand for anything.

Comment

Elo is the name of the man that created the system.

Originally posted by antych View Post
                              Most duels are played on private servers without stats. Any ranking will be pointless as pro gamers don't even bother playing on pubs. Stats are cool, ranking is meaningless.
                              The pros presumedly don't care about rank. Some people do however otherwise no one would check their rank, or even come here to talk about it.

Originally posted by Rob.JW View Post
                              If it's done this way I'm sure Australia would want their own, and maybe other regions too.

Scrap all ranking
                              If you voted for this then I have an easy solution for you, one that doesn't require everyone else to give it up. Stop paying attention to rank.

Comment

Working...
                              X