No announcement yet.

Does anyone ever feel like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoL's Context is often misunderstood, Ut3 and Ut2004 throw up quite a few keystone cop type, genuinely funny moments in the heavy action. I had quite a few laughs in 2k4 at players in raptors with missile lock, jumping out trying to land on the central torlan tower only to miss it and splat below.

Comment

Frankly, the chat is mostly garbage anyway, and I ignore it. All anyone every says is trash-talk, whining about things they can't handle. I'm considering disabling it on my HUD altogether, actually, but am afraid that would cause me to miss the one useful statement made this year in-game.

Same with the post-game chat. The high-scorers on the losing team always complain they're the only one's doing anything, and, if they have the time, adding insults for their teammates. Thank god there's no real VOIP in UT3, or it would just be one more thing to turn off. I can just imagine the racist, homophobic rants of many players translated into full audio. The mind reels.

I try to keep my chat as positive as possible, and to laugh at myself when needed. Just trying to keep the whole environment a little more upbeat is important. Complimenting foes who owned you in the last game is always welcome, too. And pointing out great teamwork by either team is good to do, also.

Comment

It's an unwritten rule - you know you're doing good when there's a complete f***ing dunce on the other team screaming bloody h@xxer every 20 seconds.

You use a heavier vehicle to help defend your flag? "GODAMMIT GAY FLAG CAMPERS" means you're forcing them to try a different flagrunning approach, once they finally learn the difference between camping and defending.

You use the Stinger to frag the Manta ***** who refuses to acknowledge the existence of all the other vehicles? "REAL PLAYRS DONT USE STINGR NOOBCANNON" means you've found their weakness.

You use an aircraft to finally gun down that Rambo wannabe who's spent the past five minutes camping outside your spawn room with the tank while calling your team campers? "FUFCUKING AIR ***** STOP BLOCKING ME" means you can finally push back.

You zoom in on an enemy grappling on to the back or a Raptor or Fury making a beeline for your flag, and snipe the passenger at just the right angle to send him plummeting straight down in front of your Impact Hammer? "STUIPED SNIPR HAX I OWNS U ALL THE TIMES" means you've thwarted their otherwise clever attempt at a quick capture.

On the one hand, it's good that these people tell me in their own way that I'm not **** at sniping. On the other hand, these people are the very reason we desperately need to put a Stupid filter on our servers.

Comment

a few days ago i was playing TDM with a packed server and (whos name i wont say) said "Anyone with single digit scores should leave!"...i wasnt one of those ppl, but man if I happened to be, i would been ******.

Comment

#ut3tdm on gameradius, join the pug. only the elites of Ut3, yet no one is arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
              Does anyone ever feel like you can't do anything in the team-based gametypes without drawing some sort of complaint or accusation from the opposing team?
              You just have to ignore or laugh at them. They are playing with their own restricting unwritten rules that you have no obligation to follow. Can't spawn kill in the base or destroy locked vehicles? phppt. Can't camp the tank on top of the flag? Can't sit at a control point and waste the enemy team as they foolishly walk in front of your tank? Bah! If you are playing to win (it's a competition game right?) then you will use the best tactic available at the given time. If your opponent can't counter your tactic then they are an inferior player and deserve to lose. However, even though there's no ethical limit, there are two things to take into consideration. Sitting in your enemies base waiting for vehicles to spawn so you can destroy them when no one is there is not an effective tactic. If I trek to the base just to have the prime node locked when I get there, I'm going to wreak havoc at the base to give my team time to retake the prime node. In that case spawn killing makes tactical sense. The counter-move? Kill me. It shouldn't be that hard considering you respawn right there. The other consideration is the fun and good will of the people you are playing with. You just have to determine when and to what degree that will dictate the way you play.

To wrap it up in a nutshell: Every tactic has a counter tactic. There's not really a whole lot people can legitimately complain about. Here's a neat article that changed the way I view this topic entitled Play to Win: http://www.sirlin.net/Features/featu...ToWinPart1.htm

Comment

I hardly see any trash talking at all, mostly comments like "lol" (which, contextually could be trash talking, but is usually just when something funny happens), "n1" and "gg."

For the most part, anyone who is complaining about something you're doing just means you're playing well. The only exception to this is comments about using the Manta/Viper, those are 100% justified given the state of those vehicles.

Comment

Well they should be complaining to Epic rather than to the person using the Manta/Viper. If you refuse to use them because of their "state" then you are limiting the resource base you have. Btw, I don't think anything is wrong with them, but this isn't really the thread for that conversation

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                    Well they should be complaining to Epic rather than to the person using the Manta/Viper. If you refuse to use them because of their "state" then you are limiting the resource base you have. Btw, I don't think anything is wrong with them, but this isn't really the thread for that conversation
                    That was tongue-in-cheek ... Well, at least partially.

Comment

Reading it again now, it should have been obvious

Comment

I tend to ignore people unless a death was absolutely hilarious... Example, some guy was trying to rattle everyone up... IN Downtown, near the tank node. I hop out of the manta to cap the node, when he comes running in. I fire a couple stingers at him so he would be around 12 hp... He runs behind my manta when I was secondary firing... Anyway it pushed the manta back onto him with the secondary fire and because it was mine it kills him, and he goes NUTS... Starts yelling his head off... lol I just laughed and went back to the game... I think he left shortly...

Comment

Wait till voice chat gets better, playing in europe, with all the languages is fun . I swear I think I once played against that youtube "angry german kid" in UT2k4, I killed him by flak dodge jumping around a tank he was in; I 'd never been called, "du arschloch!" 40 times in quick succession before that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                            Wait till voice chat gets better, playing in europe, with all the languages is fun . I swear I think I once played against that youtube "angry german kid" in UT2k4, I killed him by flak dodge jumping around a tank he was in; I 'd never been called, "du arschloch!" 40 times in quick succession before that day.
                            This sounds great! Too bad the VOIP is such **** right now. I can't even tell what language people are speaking, and I'm in the US.

Comment

here ya go, an all time favorite :
                              FPS DOUG

Comment

Tbh i just laugh at them.
                                I`m playing the game the way it`s suppose to be played

If they cry because i had to kill them just as they spawned when i`m heading back to my base with the flag then tough.
                                If the shoes was on the other foot,they would shoot you in the back at a blink of an eye.

Just sore losers most of them,yet some just like to play to annoy players by talking **** all the time.
                                best thing to do is ignore them and carry on playing,they will soon put there dummy back in and fall asleep in there own pool of tears

Comment

Working...
                                X