Does anyone ever feel like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone ever feel like...

Does anyone ever feel like you can't do anything in the team-based gametypes without drawing some sort of complaint or accusation from the opposing team?

For example, if you kill someone within 50 metres of the enemy flag/core then you're a "******* spawn camper".

If you score some lucky hits with the shock or sniper rifle then you're a "******* cheating noob".

If you use the Manta to run anyone over then you're a "******* **** manta noob" (with extra obscenities added for additional kills).

If you do anything that can't be classed as all-out offence then you're a "lame *** camper".

In one recent Warfare game I even had a guy lose it because I switched teams to even the number of human players. Apparently he only wanted bots on his side.

I do my best to play fair and be a good team member, but people seem to have such a rigid idea of what constitutes fair play that if you adhered to it then every match would be the same. The worst is probably being accused of being a spawn-camper in VCTF and Warfare games. If you've run all the way to the enemy base to get the flag/attack the core and then have to get out of there, how are you supposed to avoid killing newly-spawned players? Or are you just expected let them all shoot you in the back as you retreat?

The more whining the better. Complains from the opposing team means that you are doing fine

Comment

Can't understand why anyone can get upset at being called a noob if they aren't one. Does the moon get scared, when a dog barks at it?

Comment

What really ****** me off is when you get someone who's actually rather good going round typing lol every time he kills someone or calling everyone else a noob. I hate arrogance.

Comment

An old chinese saying says, the better the game the bigger the flame!

Comment

Originally posted by Xandros View Post
            What really ****** me off is when you get someone who's actually rather good going round typing lol every time he kills someone or calling everyone else a noob. I hate arrogance.

They're only trying to psych you out, pushing you into mistakes, losing your temper generally hurts your game,they know this. A lot of guys ,especially the good ones have very fragile egos cos they put sooo much free time into the game. A bad match when they owned by some unknown player can **** them off for the day.

There was a top guy in 2k4 who used to type; "close" everytime he got a kill on you ...I started typing it back when I got kills on him and he stopped.

Comment

This is fairly common. Don't let it bother you, otherwise you just play worse. People who win a round and brag tend to be the same people who lose a round and blame everyone else on their team. Or lag.

I always "LOL" if I kill someone in some crazy way, or they kill me in some crazy away. Like a redeemer to the face. I hope no one ever takes that bad!

Comment

I just find that chasing him round the map trying to kill him everytime i see him works for me.

Comment

I just try and ignore what they say. It ****** me off, yea, but I rarely ever use the chat system now, so I don't rise to any comments they make (other people tend to beat me to it anyway). And if they do kill me then gloat about it, I just slap them to the top of my hit list and try and take them out the next time I spawn. And if I constantly fail I leave the server and find new grounds.

Comment

my sig comes from someone like that. Shows how much of a team player he was. And if he is on this forum.... (insult shield engaged)
                    this particular guy was actually pretty good in those couple vCTF games i played. But man did his mouth run...

Comment

Originally posted by Nono View Post
                      Can't understand why anyone can get upset at being called a noob if they aren't one.
                      It doesn't really get to me, it's just annoying and can really ruin the mood of a game - especially when people are so busy typing this whining that they stop playing. I guess I'm just one of those saps who finds it difficult to have fun when most of the people you're playing with aren't.

It's also frustrating because so often this idea of fair play contradicts good tactics. If you were attacking an enemy core and then lost the prime, for example, one of the best things you can do for your team is stay in the base and distract your opponents as they spawn, buying the time needed for the rest of your team to rebuild. If people have a problem with that then I don't think the solution is gameplay tweaks - they just need to suck it up and do their best to counter the situation.

The game would probably be more fun for everyone if players didn't get so upset over every little thing.

Comment

Just remember that those people - the ones who blame their own team for loses, or gloat about winning, or scream "cheater" or "noob" every time they get killed - would curl up and cry if someone got in their face in real life. That's why they act like that in video games. They know they could never act like that in real life because they're cowards, so they do it in the relative safety of the online world.

So next time they get like that, just laugh quietly to yourself and remember that they're just scared little boys looking for a way to be big men. Pity them, don't hate them. They're really pretty pathetic.

Comment

one thing i hate the most is being accused of cheating...i mean wtf come on. Im not even THAT good.
                          I get the top score on my team and i dont say "GG" or anything at all for a few games, ppl start pointing fingers?!? sometimes i just dont feel like talking esp when i play at 5am.

Comment

@Gruz: True enough, but don't forget that tense is not transferrable over text, and sometimes people will read the tense that their mood dictates.

If I type "LOL" because I just fell off the bridge, someone else could easily read it as a gloating, arrogant remark.

Don't be too quick to scream "arrogance" at someone. You might end up just giving yourself that bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by faultymoose View Post
                              @Gruz: True enough, but don't forget that tense is not transferrable over text, and sometimes people will read the tense that their mood dictates.

If I type "LOL" because I just fell off the bridge, someone else could easily read it as a gloating, arrogant remark.

Don't be too quick to scream "arrogance" at someone. You might end up just giving yourself that bad name.
                              True enough, but I think this thread is aimed more at the people who go on and on and on all match long about how awesome they are and how they're the only ones doing anything on their team, and **** like that.

I agree, I do the same thing you were talking about all the time. I once saw a guy who was driving the leviathan on Serenity on the opposing team, back the thing right over the edge of the map, killing himself, the levi and 4 team mates. Couldn't help but give a lol at that one. Not arrogance, it was legitamately funny to me. Especially since I was just a lowsy infanteer trying to do some damamge to it.

Anyway, my point is that I agree with you, and sometimes things are just funny and not meant to be arrogant, but it is usually pretty obvious when someone's being an *******.

Comment

Working...
                              X