Suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
    I'm glad they left it out, actually. I think people using it as an instant powerup to base level in team games is an exploit, and Epic clearly agreed, since they nerfed it in 2k4 and removed it in UT3. It was just used in unintended ways, and was a holdover from Unreal 1, where you had the potential to get stuck in geometry without any way of freeing yourself.

Good riddance!
    They didn't leave it out...seems to work fine for me (and many other players on the PC)
    Someone a few posts above you managed to set it to a bind, which is handy for quick base return and weapon refill.
    As far as stats go (for those who care) its got to put a bit of a dent into their stats.
    Finally, I still get stuck in the geometry...I still have to use the suicide command to get out...

Comment

Originally posted by Xandros View Post
      I did this yesterday after a bit of ******* around with the UTInput.ini. I bound it to K (I put the taunts that are on J and K on the number pad instead).

Basically what I did was search the file for "K" (including the quotes). On the first instance of K in the file I changed "taunt 2" to "Suicide". I did the same for the fourth instance. After that it worked fine.

So the first one would look like

Bindings=(Name="K",Command="Suicide")

The second one would be

Bindings=(Name="K",Command="Suicide",Control=False ,Shift=False,Alt=False)

This.

in console its: setbind z suicide

z = the key you want to use. Although the quoted way will keep it from resetting each time you restart the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGLIST MOVEMENT View Post
        LOL. I usually do it to save myself from a shameful death

JM left a small crater
        So it's you!! Die like a man and give me my kill count!

:P

Comment

I'm glad they left it out, actually. I think people using it as an instant powerup to base level in team games is an exploit, and Epic clearly agreed, since they nerfed it in 2k4 and removed it in UT3. It was just used in unintended ways, and was a holdover from Unreal 1, where you had the potential to get stuck in geometry without any way of freeing yourself.

Good riddance!
          Rofl you GOT to be kidding me. Since suicide is still in it seems Epic didn't agree with you after all. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by ezekial View Post
            most people bind their "suicide" to a key. You usually see the "pro" do this when getting owned with mini..lol..

by "pro" you mean, nub. rite?

Comment

using it as an instant powerup to base level in team games is an exploit, and Epic clearly agreed
              Seeing as you can easily fire a flak ball at your own feet I don't think this is accurate.

Comment

there are two "[..]" - sections of key-bindings in utinput.ini, use the first one, should work.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                  So it's you!! Die like a man and give me my kill count!

:P
                  Caught me red handed

Comment

Working...
                  X