Tired of playing without teamwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of playing without teamwork?

Tired of playing without teamwork? I am.. The first 2 months i played normal weapons DM, but it's getting boring for me, since i realy like the teamwork aspect of this game. So i started to play iCTF. I had some fun games, but it's still not real teamwork since everyone is just attacking. Now i play iCTF with a mate on skype, and it's getting more fun. But i still miss the old days, when i played in lots of ut2k4 clans. The problem is that no one that i know from these clans baught ut3.

So me and my mate decided to start a new clan. All we need is some players. We are dutch and 22 years old. We like iCTF but we also play normal weapons DM. We are with just 2 now, but one of my ut2k4 mates just ordered the game.. Do you wanna play some real 5vs5 iCTF matches? Then please send me a PM!! When we have enough players, i will create a site or forum and sign us up @ clanbase. Maybe some iCTF players already saw us play, i am FlameV2.0 and my mate is B-a-r-r-yV2.0.

I am not sure this kind of message is allowed on this forum, so if not: sorry

Grtz,
    Martin

about team work. sorry i'm out of the subject but i noticed that if you start to heal another team mate or securing him then in the long run it would come back to you and everyone will work together and split objectives. just improves the whole team even if it's filled with noobs :P

anyway good luck with your clan ^^

Comment

i know what you mean. But playing with 5 guys @ teamspeak and different strategies for each map, everyone with his own task, is just more fun (:. I already have a PM from someone, so its growing :P. Well, i first have to play some games with him to see if it's a nice guy but still...

Comment

Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
        about team work. sorry i'm out of the subject but i noticed that if you start to heal another team mate or securing him then in the long run it would come back to you and everyone will work together and split objectives. just improves the whole team even if it's filled with noobs :P

anyway good luck with your clan ^^

True, on pubs better players should lead by example, if you finish mostly at the top of the scoreboards you carry some credo and your teamates obviously pay more attention to what you're doing in game. I'll heal vehicles of new players or not so good players ,just to set an example... sure enough later in the game or next ,there they are healing my vehicle, finding people on pubs who'll offer or take up the offer, of the orb carrier grapple are still a rarity however -quid pro quo ftw

Also off topic too, so yes, good luck with getting a clan together martin 633

Comment

martin, try #ut3.ictf and good luck with your clan

Comment

good idea, now why didnt i came up with that :P?
            thanks!

Comment

think i've seen both you and barry on some of the jolt insta servers, good fun.

Comment

join #ut3tdm on irc.gameradius.org and pug up.

Comment

Originally posted by xkaospilotx View Post
                  think i've seen both you and barry on some of the jolt insta servers, good fun.
                  yeah your name looks familiar, played some matches with you indeed. Barry and i play together most of the time @ jolt...

Comment

hmm not the place to recruit... Ill ask some people in-game this evening. Meanwhile, this is a bump :P

Comment

Yea, sounds like pugging is probably a better bet for you. Even in pugs though you can get people who don't work as a team.

Comment

What are pugs :P ?
                        And i wont just let anyone join. They dont have to be extremely good, but they have to be fun and play smart for the team. I recruited the same way for my 2k4-clan and that became a great and fun team (:

Comment

This is exactly the problem. Martin exemplifies it (its not your fault Martin).

There is an entire clan/competitive scene, but the average player has absolutely no idea. Epic could do so much to facilitate this but they sit on their thumbs per usual. For the uninitiated:

pubs = public games, the servers you see in the server browser; random players doing whatever they want
                          pugs = pick up games, more skilled players get together in IRC channels and form pick up teams, get on voice (teamspeak or ventrillo) and go play on private servers
                          scrims = scrimmages between clans (facilitated again, via IRC)
                          ladders/leagues = official matches between clans

IRC is the vehicle everyone in UT tends to use to facilitate anything other than a pub. For North American players, we tend to use irc.gameradius.org. Channels are #ut3ctf, #ut3tdm (I forget the IG channel, but if you ask in either of those channels someone'll know). Euro players use Quake net I believe?

If you want to play better players, or experience teamwork, voice communication etc, come pug. Let people know you're a newb to pug'n and they'll be forgiving.

Dan

Comment

Sometimes you have to create your own teamwork. When I get in a fast vehicle, I hang around for a second or two to see if someone wants a tow. If I see someone pull over and start healing their vehicle, I stop and help them. If I'm running ahead of an orb carrier and I see some armor, I let the orb carrier take it. It's really hard to coordinate in PUBs, but there are still things you can do to be a 'team player'.

Comment

i know there is a scene and not only public servers. It's just hard to have enough players around you to start a clan. I was part of the iBR and iCTF community @ 2k4, but with ut3 it's a different story. Most people i play with at pickup servers (pugs ) are already in a clan.

I think the best solution for me to have fun, organized games with lots of teamwork, is to start a clan. Then we can sign up to ladders, cups and hang around IRC. I can just arrange clanmatches and while we play we will get to know each other better. So far it's barry, me, a french mate i know since 2k3 and i have ONE pm from a UK guy that is interested...

Comment

Working...
                              X