Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question using alt-fire for rocket launcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question using alt-fire for rocket launcher?

Hi all, Im new here, but Im a 39 year old fart who's been playing the **** of ut3 on the ps3 since it came out

Anyway, for the life of me I cant figure out how to launch the rockets as grenades with the rocket launcher

I apologise for the noobish question but its driving me nuts - thanks!

Hold down alt-fire and double click normal fire. Holding down alt-fire loads up to three rockets, then clicking once on the primary fire will result in shooting your rockets in a spiral, twice launching them as grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by odkKoma View Post
      Hold down alt-fire and double click normal fire. Holding down alt-fire loads up to three rockets, then clicking once on the primary fire will result in shooting your rockets in a spiral, twice launching them as grenades.
      Ok, I'll have to try that, I have no problem getting the rockets in a spiral, just trying to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. I did it a couple times by accident, but that was probably just from frenetic button mashing...thanks!

And Im glad I found this place - none of my other online buddies play UT3, other than myself - so hopefully I'll be spending much more time here

Comment

Think of it as spiral and spiral again to get grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
          Think of it as spiral and spiral again to get grenades.
          Ok, thanks so much guys!

Just out of curiousity, do a lot of people here use the grenade launch feature?
          I can only recall being killed a few times (lol,ok, well more than a few) by 'nades on UT3...

Comment

Mostly for escapes like after grabbing the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishooked View Post
              Ok, thanks so much guys!

I can only recall being killed a few times (lol,ok, well more than a few) by 'nades on UT3...
              I use it if I load rockets but dont have anyone to shoot them at. I will click over to nades at the last moment before they launch at no one and shoot them in a door way or corridor.

I mainly use them just so I dont completely waist the rockets. Nades are pretty useless compared to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishooked View Post
                Ok, thanks so much guys!

Also if you use the default crosshairs the rocket launcher crosshair will show which mode you are in.

I use the RL 'nades often. Not for up-close fights but for escapes and things like that.

Comment

Okay, let's please stop calling the grenades "nades". Sounds stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by FACEST0MPER View Post
                    I use it if I load rockets but dont have anyone to shoot them at. I will click over to nades at the last moment before they launch at no one and shoot them in a door way or corridor.

I mainly use them just so I dont completely waist the rockets. Nades are pretty useless compared to other games.
                    Wow. That's a great way to use the leftovers rockets-- never thought of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X