Macsoft Announces UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macsoft Announces UT3

I didn't find a thread specifically about this so I thought I would post it for all the Mac people out there. This is from the Macsoft web site. It doesn't give a specific release date, as if we aren't used to that by now.

MINNEAPOLIS, MN, DEC 18, 2007 – MacSoft, a leading publisher of Macintosh games, is proud to announce the Macintosh version of Unreal Tournament 3. Licensed by Midway Home Entertainment and developed by Epic Games, one of the world’s most acclaimed video game developers, Unreal Tournament 3 delivers the most frantic gameplay and stunning visuals yet in the award-winning Unreal series, as well as new vehicles, new weapons and the deepest single-player campaign in the series to date, all developed on the industry’s leading engine, the Unreal Engine 3. Best of all, it is scheduled to be available in early 2008.

“MacSoft couldn’t be happier to bring Unreal Tournament 3’s insane fast-paced action and brutal weaponry to the Mac,” said Peter Tamte, president of MacSoft parent company Destineer. “We have a long history of bringing the Unreal series to Mac gamers, and with its expanded campaign mode and killer vehicles, Unreal Tournament 3 is the biggest game in the series yet.”

Created with the groundbreaking Unreal Engine 3, Unreal Tournament 3 brings unparalleled visual fidelity to the Macintosh, and new gameplay additions including an enhanced single-player mode with a branching mission structure and wickedly intelligent enemy AI make this the deepest, richest entry in the franchise. Also featuring new gameplay modes like Unreal Warfare, two distinct vehicle rosters including devastating machines like the Necris DarkWalker and all new gadgets like the hoverboard and grappling beam, Unreal Tournament 3 is poised to take the Mac gaming community by storm!

~snip~

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it looks like it's getting closer. At least a publisher is committed now. Linux, well, I don't know...

Originally posted by Antipathy View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath, but it looks like it's getting closer. At least a publisher is committed now. Linux, well, I don't know...
    Is this a bad attempt at a Mac vs Linux Jab? because if it means Mac>linux

then it also means that windows>all

Comment

If anyone hears any update on this, please post.

Thanks

Comment

Excellent news. Now, after the release for PS3, and PC too, im glad Epic has lots of free time to port UT3 for our beloved Apple friends. Especially as Apple users are used to quality polished products and will certainly be very content with this new exciting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pser View Post
          Excellent news. Now, after the release for PS3, and PC too, im glad Epic has lots of free time to port UT3 for our beloved Apple friends. Especially as Apple users are used to quality polished products and will certainly be very content with this new exciting game.
          Sarcasm hits Pser for 213131. Pser dies.

Comment

I'm thinking about switching to Linux since I'm already running Ubuntu on my laptop.

If UT3 runs on Linux do I need a new copy or can I use my Windows UT3 key?

Comment

When they finally release the linux installer, you should be fine with your existing key.

Comment

Thanks. Will consider a change then

Comment

Working...
                X