Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament III (Xbox360) -- How will it be handled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament III (Xbox360) -- How will it be handled?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this topic in but since I couldn't find any info on the 360 version it might be possible to get some answers in the official forums.

Dear Epic, would it be possible to consider these:

- Personally I'd prefer if they toned down some of the detail over the PS3 version and have the game run at 60fps instead.

- Marcus Fenix and other Gears of War playable characters.

- 2 DVD game: 1st DVD for game content, 2nd DVD for all the extra maps, mods, etc now available to PS3/PC users as optional HDD installation so Epic doesn't have to focus on trying to cram everything into 1 DVD.
    Although if they did lower the texture detail in exchange for higher framerates that would free up some disc space anyway.

- USB Keyboard/Mouse support to make it on par with PS3/PC versions.
    As well as possible mod community support if possible.

- Improved story mode.

- Split-screen player support (a big must)

What else do you guys think?

Sorry in advance if I sound like a noob.

It will be, barry big to begin wit. Dhen we will see barry large changes like we did pore da pc. Why you xbox 360 people worry so much? The xbox 360 is a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude!

( ok so I borrowed that last part from Kentucky Fried Movie, so sue me )

Comment

Most of your requests are highly unlikely to happen:

- Marcus Fenix and other Gears of War playable characters.
      you do know that Microsoft's the publisher of Gears, and Midway the publisher of UT, right? Why would MS want to have a competitor make money off of their licenses?

- 2 DVD game: 1st DVD for game content, 2nd DVD for all the extra maps, mods, etc now available to PS3/PC users as optional HDD installation so Epic doesn't have to focus on trying to cram everything into 1 DVD.
      Although if they did lower the texture detail in exchange for higher framerates that would free up some disc space anyway.
      It would be pretty bad for Epic/Midway to sell community-created content with the game. Epic would never do that.
      As well as possible mod community support if possible.
      PS3 users got that, but it doesn't mean that 360's gonna get the same thing. There are some things that the PS3 can do that the 360 can't. You just have to believe it. The 360 is an awesome console, but it can't do everything.

Comment

Does anybody know any alternative methods to approach this?

Comment

DeathMoon , about what u said with the mouse support. I think if they wanted to program the xbox version they could because the xbox has the usb ports and the rest is up to simple programing.

I bet if the final version of the game comes without the mouse support its from MS not wanting / allowing it in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ssj_jaypee View Post
            Well just no, I am making my maps in my free time and I want them to be free. If anybody is going to make profit out of it i want my part of cash for my work.

Comment

All I want is to be able to "Import" maps and mods and models the same way as PS3 (Via USB Stick) all the other stuff can be left aside,

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
              you do know that Microsoft's the publisher of Gears, and Midway the publisher of UT, right? Why would MS want to have a competitor make money off of their licenses?.
              who knows maybe MS will make GOW characters availible in the Market place, i mean, they DID use the Unreal Engine 3 to make GOW, it will be only fair...

It'll probably be 800MSPoints

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
              PS3 users got that, but it doesn't mean that 360's gonna get the same thing. There are some things that the PS3 can do that the 360 can't. You just have to believe it. The 360 is an awesome console, but it can't do everything.
              Well excuse me, there is also things that that the PS3 can't do...
              1.) Make Coffee (non 360 as well)
              2.) Drop it's price
              3.) I forgot
              4.) Forgot this one as well
              5.) Have more games (probably and hopefully in the near future)
              6.) Shut my wife up so that I can play longer (non 360 as well, ****...)
              7.) Grrrrr.... forgot...
              8.) Use MSN while I play games
              9.) Custom Soundtrack (not that a biggy anyways)
              10.) Work with Media Center

Comment

No thanks. I am extremely glad that Microsoft doesn't allow keyboard/mouse support on the 360.

Comment

Idk guys but I was gonna buy a ps3... all up until I played my friends... analog is very unstable. and being a computer guy I HATE having keyboard/mouse lag... I think I'm going to try to supe up the comp to what potential it has because I don't think there are many better options.... it's disappointing but true.... maybe if there was a way to create no mouse/keyboard lag i'd go out and buy a ps3 right nwo...

Comment

I just want it to freaking come out already.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
                      No thanks. I am extremely glad that Microsoft doesn't allow keyboard/mouse support on the 360.
                      I think there should atleast be an option available so players have the choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X