Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cracked top 100 on the leader boards. Using a 360 controller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked top 100 on the leader boards. Using a 360 controller.

I just got up to 90 on the leader boards using a 360 controller. lol. Alot of people flamed me a few months ago for using the controller. To all those people I say HA! Its just proof that you can get good no matter what you use.(kb/m or controller) Its just whatever you find comfortable.

are you using a 360 controller for the PS3?

if so, please enlighten me. i hate the PS3 controller with a passion -- the system itself is great, but the controller makes me want to sell it.

Comment

yeah i saw that heh. You have surpassed me greatly my son...err sin

Comment

Sorry its PC. Ive heard there are ways to get the 360 controller to work with PS3, but I dont personally know how.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
          Sorry its PC. Ive heard there are ways to get the 360 controller to work with PS3, but I dont personally know how.
          Ha! I played with you. That's pretty **** impressive for using the controller.

What software are you using? I've been meaning to start practicing with it for when friends get it on 360-- I don't want to suck at my favorite game on any platform.

Comment

harmatia, the wired 360 controller comes with a usb adapter, windows recognizes it instantly.

the wireless one you have to buy a wireless gaming receiver (thats the name) its 20$, i use it for my racing wheel and my race games on my pc + forza2 on 360
            still never enjoyed controllers on shooters... not fast enough nor accurate enough. i'd like to play a match with you to see how well you do with it though!

Comment

I usaually play in the UMGleageDM room. Usually I get like 3rd or 4th, but everybody in there is top 100 usally. I have good days and bad.(mostly bad) Last night when I hit that rank I had 4-5 good matches in a row. Then I left to go to bed right after. 1v1 I suck.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                Good job getting to the top 100! Oh and when I do get a PS3, Im gutting a 360 controller, and putting the PS3 guts into it...I too hate the layout of the PS3 controller...

Comment

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post

the wireless one you have to buy a wireless gaming receiver (thats the name) its 20$, i use it for my racing wheel and my race games on my pc + forza2 on 360
                  still never enjoyed controllers on shooters... not fast enough nor accurate enough. i'd like to play a match with you to see how well you do with it though!
                  I also use the wireless adaptor..

@Sincreator: What settings do you use for the controller? I pushed BOTH sliders all the way to the max, and I still want it to be faster and more precise....Any way to FURTHER edit the controller sensitivity settings?

Comment

Im using xpadder with high dead zones set. Like 80%. So when i move the aim I have to go all the way in a direction to go at full speed. If I just move the stick a little it goes slower. Takes awile to get used to but it works. The biggest annoyance is the random dodge jump i get sometimes. It would be alot better if I could hold a button and a direction to dodge instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                      Ha! I played with you. That's pretty **** impressive for using the controller.

What software are you using? I've been meaning to start practicing with it for when friends get it on 360-- I don't want to suck at my favorite game on any platform.
                      www.xpadder.com this is what I use. With alot of tweaking. Sensitivity is faster side to side. 20% slower up and down. Dead zone on aim at about 80%. With the movement I made the diagnals smaller to cut down on the random dodge jump. A=jump X=enter/exit vehicle B=team controls Y=Best weapon(rockets) LB=change weapon left RB=change weapon right RT=fire LT=alt-fire D-pad up=fake death D-pad right=hoverboard D-pad down=taunt D-pad left=not sure right now. LEFT anolog click=crouch Start=menu Back=??? nothing yet.

Comment

Congrats man!

Very impressive especially using a controller, it would take me a very long time to get anywhere near that good with a controller.

I may be on later tonight as long as I'm not too tired.

Comment

Wow, think of how good you'd be if you used a keyboard and mouse!

Comment

I cant get Xpadder to work...

I set up my controller so it recognizes it, and now whenever I reopen it, I just get a blank window LABELED XpadderWTF?!?!! Im getting fed up with this ****...Epic's controller support is **** and now I cant get this to work..

Comment

Im getting really ****in sick of this game...It's OVERALL user friendliness is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X