Vista: Strong Lag Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista: Strong Lag Problems

At some given point my internet connection just goes crazy. My ping jumps over 1000 and gets really REALLY unplayable.

I've been told that Vista searches for new networks or something. There's a program called Vista Anti-Lag that's supposed to put an end to that but it's not working on my system.

Any alternatives or some secret Registry edits?

Search Engine doesn't allow to search for "lag", sorry.

I'm also running vista and I never had this problem you are describing... No special settings changed (not in vista, not in ut3)...

Are you sure it's a problem on your end?

Comment

There are couple of people describing my problem when you hit Google and I also saw a UT3 specific video on YouTube about this lag so it's not only me.

Comment

Originally posted by odkKoma View Post
        There are couple of people describing my problem when you hit Google and I also saw a UT3 specific video on YouTube about this lag so it's not only me.
        I run Vista Ultimate 64 bit version and it kicks ***. I never had the problem your describing and never heard of that issue eaither. If you give some details about your system it may help to find what a cause.

IE: Ram, CPU, Video Card ETC. ETC

Comment

I would advise you to get TuneUp Utilities 2008. This program can tweak Vista for performance, and I actually have a 5 fps advantage over XP with the same tweaks. It may very well solve your problem too.

Comment

Originally posted by odkKoma View Post
            I've been told that Vista searches for new networks or something. There's a program called Vista Anti-Lag that's supposed to put an end to that but it's not working on my system.
            If you are on a wireless connection you should be thinking about Vista Anti Lag. Are you?

Comment

I am using Vista 64 and I seem to have ping spikes, I can refresh a server list and see widely different ping for the same server, to the ping I saw just prior to refresh??? In game it is difficult to know whether it is a frame rate problem or fluctuating yoyo'ing ping, but something happens to slow down feel mid game; shock combos become almost impossible.

Anyone know a free (no spyware) alternative to ad aware for Vista 64?

Comment

Working...
              X