Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfare mode: Nodes & Orbs confusing me-

Hi all.
    I'm a medal of honor geek, am very good in it, so i'm no dope with the game playin on games.
    Beat Bioshock recently.

But the **** warfare mode - with the orbs and nodes, i get beat everytime when playin instant action with the bots.

I don't fricking get it. I grab the orb, i follow the arrows, and step into the node to change from blue to red my teams colors, and I know u need to control them in order to blowup their core.

But i lose every **** time...i'm definitely doing something wrong here.

Funny thing is i'm in the 150 range with kills...i lead everybot.... but i'm a loser none the less.!

Please help..just got game 2 days ago...is awesome... i'm o.k with everything else... but
    Warfare mode...and the orbs and nodes...is fricking killin my mojo...

Help Please..anything would be appreciated...
    Humble Noob..... in ut3 anyway.

Your bot teammates are the problem. At the moment, they're not very useful and you basically have to do everything. Epic is working on improving the bot AI, so hopefully the next patch should make offline Warfare more tolerable.

Comment

also, try the campaign.. it helped me to understand warfare a bit better.. i had an idea prior to that, but made more sense to me after playing the campaign a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by GraveFiller View Post
        Hi all.
        I'm a medal of honor geek, am very good in it, so i'm no dope with the game playin on games.
        Beat Bioshock recently.

But the **** warfare mode - with the orbs and nodes, i get beat everytime when playin instant action with the bots.

I don't fricking get it. I grab the orb, i follow the arrows, and step into the node to change from blue to red my teams colors, and I know u need to control them in order to blowup their core.

But i lose every **** time...i'm definitely doing something wrong here.

Funny thing is i'm in the 150 range with kills...i lead everybot.... but i'm a loser none the less.!

Please help..just got game 2 days ago...is awesome... i'm o.k with everything else... but
        Warfare mode...and the orbs and nodes...is fricking killin my mojo...

Help Please..anything would be appreciated...
        Humble Noob..... in ut3 anyway.
        (Just to cover all the bases) The basic concept is to move across the battlefield as fast as possible by controlling key nodes. As soon as one node is built immediately move to the next. You'll be better off learning the maps and making your own decisions about where to go; the arrows and announcer don't always give you the best advice. Knowing the map is vitally important in Warfare. Fragging skills are important, but if you don't know the most efficient path through the map the bots will control the map before you even get started.

Key to Warfare against bots is to get a solid foothold as early-on as possible. Grab the Orb and drop it on your Prime Node and move immediately to the next one. Take the next closest linked node ASAP and move on the Enemy Prime. It may also work to have your bots take the Prime, and spike the Orb on the next Node down the line soon as it becomes available. The biggest trick here is beating your own bots to the Orb, which often isn't possible. In such cases, if you grab a fast vehicle and drive in front of an Orb Carrier, s/he will Grapple to you and you can pull the friendly bot to the Node you want to take. Don't forget that carrying an Orb within close proximity to a Node that you control will lock it down and protect it from any damage, meaning that the enemy will need to take you out to harm the Node.
        Also, bots will prioritize the Orb over all else, and will exit vehicles to carry it to a Node. If you see an Orb Carrier accompanying a fleet of vehicles. Kill the Carrier, then kill the other bots 1 by 1 as they hop out to grab the fallen Orb. Then steal their vehicles if you like.

You'll see certain nodes get recommended by the announcer, and usually your bots will go for those. Therefore, you should go for the other one, assuming that two paths are available. This will result in a sort-of two pronged attack (keeping in mind that your bots aren't exactly stellar,) and hopefully end up with you taking over both sides of the map by the time you move on the EP. If you can grab the Orb, spike it on the EP, if you can't, grab a fast or hard-hitting vehicle (Goliath, Raptor, Manta) and take-down the EP. If you're low on health, you've just fought off an enemy attack on the EP, and the enemy Orb is within a short jog of the EP, run up, grab it, take the death and respawn at the EP. If you've got good health and armor, or some nice weaponry, you may just want to defend the enemy Orb until it times out and resets, or until friendly bots show up to defend. If you have enough health and armor, you can survive resetting the enemy Orb.

The Scorp's self-destruct mode makes it a great travel vehicle if you can procure one. It's good against Mantas, which can be hard to take down on-foot, and its self-destruct can not only put a giant dent in Hellbenders or Goliaths, if not destroy them outright, but it allows you to dispose of the vehicle should you need to get out, without giving the enemy a free vehicle.

Once you have the EP, immediately move on the Core and deal as much damage to it as you can before they kill you or overtake your defense and reclaim the EP. If they do reclaim the EP, re-reclaim it ASAP, or the enemy will take the map in no time.

If you're going on the attack against the Core, tell your bots to Defend, if you want to stay back and defend the EP, tell your bots to Attack.

Overall, speed and efficiency are the most important aspects of a Warfare match against bots. If you can, you want to reach the EP before the enemy has fully built it. Take time to learn the map, so that you can know why you're going where you're going, and where you're going after that. Walk the map unpopulated, play low-level bots, maybe with SloMo on, to really have a chance to think through the match as it progresses. You want to be able to react instantly when playing a full-pace match.

Take the optional nodes if you have the opportunity, but don't give-up a chance to move on the Core or EP for one. Bots will go for optional nodes, so you can use them to distract the enemy for a short time.

Strike first and strike hard, move as fast as you can, never lose focus, never let-up, and hit them where it hurts the most.

Comment

I would strongly suggest you play online. That way you'll learn the game better.
          Playing against bots is ok, but playing with bots is at best frustrating and at worst impossible.

Play the campaign online. That way, you can have 4 humans playing against bots. Not only are humans much better (strategically), but you can learn from what/when/how/why they do what they do. Also, you can ask questions during the match.
          I often host campaign (listen server) in the evenings... it's a blast!

Comment

A Warfare guide for beginners. ;o

Comment

Or start playing online, it is must much awarding and diverce than Instant Action.

Comment

Anyone "captured an orb" ???? It is in the stats as an objective as, "Orbs captured", but as far as I can tell zero have done it -must be an error,maybe confused with Orbs returned?

Comment

Originally posted by Nono View Post
                  Anyone "captured an orb" ???? It is in the stats as an objective as, "Orbs captured", but as far as I can tell zero have done it -must be an error,maybe confused with Orbs returned?
                  Seems that everyone has 0 there, must be a buggy indicator for... whatever. :P

Comment

warfare can be very hard for new players against and with bots only.

everytime you try capture a new node, make sure your previous node has enough health left. or else you will go back and forth and won't make it in the end. kill bots shooting at your node or heal your node til it reaches max then go for the next node.

link secondary can heal friendly nodes.

look on the minimap. which nodes are under attack. if it is under attack too long forget your objective and go defend that node.

most important nodes are primes, then center. there are optional nodes but their importance depends on maps. try to see the new technology that you gain from each captured node.

Comment

If you're playing offline, your style should be to keep your team alive. For example, you can't go grab the center on avalanche and just expect your bots to keep it. Grab the tank and prevent the enemy getting in the way and essentialy clear a path for your team.

Comment

yea, thanks man.. been reading about how dum they are.
                        So, is there any progression to putting the orb in a node?
                        Do i do the center node first ?
                        How many nodes till i can destroy the core?

Those are questions i need to know!..
                        Thanks spineshank

Comment

heres one reason i dont play warfare instant action
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=Akng2WVU7G8
                          *just something i recorded the other day.
                          the bots are friggin dumb > <

Comment

Lol, thanks, i read that their stupider then stumpwater.
                            I need to know the progression of taking the nodes... i read prime nodes then center nodes..but is so strange......will figure it out will your help...thanks...

Comment

Lol... i see what u mean....heheh...lots of nice worlds tho..was trying to do the campaing, and get good enough to go online and play.... so i need to beat this warfare campign to move on in the game.

I do the instant, only cause i can't get past that dam warfare map in my campaign mode .... man lots of **** in there you know....

Thanks for the link...lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X