UT3 PS3 Montage - Lanky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    People need to realise that the PC and the PS3 versions are different. Dodging constantly is really not necessary on the PS3 version, because the game speed is slower, you can still hit someone trying to dodge quite easily if you can aim. It isn't as effective as it is on the PC version.

PS: Hi Lanky, didn't realise you were signed up here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FACEST0MPER View Post
    Dodging makes you move faster and lets you get around the map quicker. It makes a huge difference if you were to actually play anyone good or dueling people. (since controlling the map is essential).

But keep thinking you're awesome at UT3... don't upgrade your PC any time soon though, it might hurt your ego.
    Those first reasons are the ones I actually do use dodging for... I guess the next thing you are going to tell me is that there are Amo for the guns lying around...?? Or a Redeemer on some levels??? But because I play it on the PS3, that makes me a rubbish gamer...

Dont get high on any in game leaderboard....might start thinking you are good!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Th3DarkCloud View Post
    You do know that several PS3 owners of UT3 have had past experience with UT04, right? It's not like we don't know how to dodge. It's more of a problem with it being very inefficient in the PS3 version. You can only dodge to the left or the right, which does get annoying when you're attacked from the side. Personally, I do dodge, but only when an opponent has seen me. There's no point in jumping around like a monkey when the other guy hasn't seen you yet and sacrificing your aim (as it's either a choice between getting some dodge capability or using a kb/m for accuracy).
    That's where you tell the difference between the good players and the bad. I'm finding it more and more easier to get a dead on shot while i'm dodging or jumping around all the time (i'm using a controller btw, because my right mouse button doesn't seem to work anymore :s). It's a mather of learning the game (unlike other games where everyone can shoot everyone, UT is a game you have to learn to play, and the more you play, the better you become). Although UT3 doesn't move as fast as UT2k4, you're still able to move around alot faster with dodging than just walking, and that could mean the difference between winning and losing a match.

Greets

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You do know that several PS3 owners of UT3 have had past experience with UT04, right? It's not like we don't know how to dodge. It's more of a problem with it being very inefficient in the PS3 version. You can only dodge to the left or the right, which does get annoying when you're attacked from the side. Personally, I do dodge, but only when an opponent has seen me. There's no point in jumping around like a monkey when the other guy hasn't seen you yet and sacrificing your aim (as it's either a choice between getting some dodge capability or using a kb/m for accuracy).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lanky View Post
    it can be done for sure - I think a main factor is selective dodging, rather than doing it constantly. I tend to only use dodging when i have to, rather than jumping around constantly doing it. Do I die more because of it? Do i often come last in games? Nope.... so does that mean I cant play UT3?? nope

Dodging makes you move faster and lets you get around the map quicker. It makes a huge difference if you were to actually play anyone good or dueling people. (since controlling the map is essential).

But keep thinking you're awesome at UT3... don't upgrade your PC any time soon though, it might hurt your ego.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
    Wow some of those shock combos and biorifle shots are ridiculous
    NO, not ridiculous. They are pro players that played also in the ITALIA national team. And that's UNREAL. Not like that stupid game that is COD4. THIS IS SKILL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    same thing i was thinking..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jehjoa View Post
    After seeing that I feel so sad for the people that decided to buy a PS3 + UT3 instead of upgrading their PC for it... I almost fell asleep watching that.
    that's weird, cuz i feel the same way about you PCbots. i have this giant 61" HDTV with the windows rattling in the living room from headshots and you have to play it on this tiny little picture frame. i would fall asleep watching you play!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ~{ISC}~Jigen View Post
    Beware, my dear, these guys are training on UT3 since December...
    There are a lot of good people out there, just don't sit and wait...
    TRAIN HARD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFljk...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TPSFan View Post
    Not to be critical... But your choice of music is highly offensive.

I'm normally not a prude, but if you want to showcase the game, choose a neutral song (instrumental?) that doesn't have "Mother Fvcker" every other word, or "Ngger" every five seconds.

I don't know how old you are, but music like that gets old really fast and IS distracting and takes away from the video portion.
    Thats a fair enough point, taken on board. I know its not to everyones taste, but was just some music that I was listening to when making it, so thought I would put it on. I like the genre of music, and have had pretty good feedback from my other montage music choices. On hinsdsight, could have been a better choice, but imo, its a still a great song... . I am 24 by the way, and love a wide range of musical tastes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not to be critical... But your choice of music is highly offensive.

I'm normally not a prude, but if you want to showcase the game, choose a neutral song (instrumental?) that doesn't have "Mother Fvcker" every other word, or "Ngger" every five seconds.

I don't know how old you are, but music like that gets old really fast and IS distracting and takes away from the video portion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ~{ISC}~Jigen View Post
    TRAIN HARD.

Same with me man, got it on Dec 12th, as had to wait a day for it to be imported. And I think I have played the game a lot, probably have one of the highest kill counts on the PS3 side... I would love to play on the PC version, but no way my pc at home would compete.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TRAIN HARD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What sucks is if you play a few games with mostly KB/M players you kinda get their movements stuck in your head. Then a controller player comes around and is dodging all over the place and you're not used to having to compensate for it.

I've seen some controller users doing some nice acrobatics, wall dodging off of things into other areas with a rocket fired perfectly in the middle. And there I am double jumping sideways with my keyboard/mouse wondering how dodge could have been left out of a final product.
    it can be done for sure - I think a main factor is selective dodging, rather than doing it constantly. I tend to only use dodging when i have to, rather than jumping around constantly doing it. Do I die more because of it? Do i often come last in games? Nope.... so does that mean I cant play UT3?? nope

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What sucks is if you play a few games with mostly KB/M players you kinda get their movements stuck in your head. Then a controller player comes around and is dodging all over the place and you're not used to having to compensate for it.

I've seen some controller users doing some nice acrobatics, wall dodging off of things into other areas with a rocket fired perfectly in the middle. And there I am double jumping sideways with my keyboard/mouse wondering how dodge could have been left out of a final product.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X