• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
    Wow some of those shock combos and biorifle shots are ridiculous
    same thing i was thinking..

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
      Wow some of those shock combos and biorifle shots are ridiculous
      NO, not ridiculous. They are pro players that played also in the ITALIA national team. And that's UNREAL. Not like that stupid game that is COD4. THIS IS SKILL.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanky View Post
        it can be done for sure - I think a main factor is selective dodging, rather than doing it constantly. I tend to only use dodging when i have to, rather than jumping around constantly doing it. Do I die more because of it? Do i often come last in games? Nope.... so does that mean I cant play UT3?? nope

Dodging makes you move faster and lets you get around the map quicker. It makes a huge difference if you were to actually play anyone good or dueling people. (since controlling the map is essential).

But keep thinking you're awesome at UT3... don't upgrade your PC any time soon though, it might hurt your ego.

Comment

You do know that several PS3 owners of UT3 have had past experience with UT04, right? It's not like we don't know how to dodge. It's more of a problem with it being very inefficient in the PS3 version. You can only dodge to the left or the right, which does get annoying when you're attacked from the side. Personally, I do dodge, but only when an opponent has seen me. There's no point in jumping around like a monkey when the other guy hasn't seen you yet and sacrificing your aim (as it's either a choice between getting some dodge capability or using a kb/m for accuracy).

Comment

Originally posted by Th3DarkCloud View Post
            You do know that several PS3 owners of UT3 have had past experience with UT04, right? It's not like we don't know how to dodge. It's more of a problem with it being very inefficient in the PS3 version. You can only dodge to the left or the right, which does get annoying when you're attacked from the side. Personally, I do dodge, but only when an opponent has seen me. There's no point in jumping around like a monkey when the other guy hasn't seen you yet and sacrificing your aim (as it's either a choice between getting some dodge capability or using a kb/m for accuracy).
            That's where you tell the difference between the good players and the bad. I'm finding it more and more easier to get a dead on shot while i'm dodging or jumping around all the time (i'm using a controller btw, because my right mouse button doesn't seem to work anymore :s). It's a mather of learning the game (unlike other games where everyone can shoot everyone, UT is a game you have to learn to play, and the more you play, the better you become). Although UT3 doesn't move as fast as UT2k4, you're still able to move around alot faster with dodging than just walking, and that could mean the difference between winning and losing a match.

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by FACEST0MPER View Post
              Dodging makes you move faster and lets you get around the map quicker. It makes a huge difference if you were to actually play anyone good or dueling people. (since controlling the map is essential).

But keep thinking you're awesome at UT3... don't upgrade your PC any time soon though, it might hurt your ego.
              Those first reasons are the ones I actually do use dodging for... I guess the next thing you are going to tell me is that there are Amo for the guns lying around...?? Or a Redeemer on some levels??? But because I play it on the PS3, that makes me a rubbish gamer...

Dont get high on any in game leaderboard....might start thinking you are good!

Comment

People need to realise that the PC and the PS3 versions are different. Dodging constantly is really not necessary on the PS3 version, because the game speed is slower, you can still hit someone trying to dodge quite easily if you can aim. It isn't as effective as it is on the PC version.

PS: Hi Lanky, didn't realise you were signed up here.

Comment

Working...
                X