UT3 PS3 Montage - Lanky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
    You're showing squat of the game right now as you're playing easy bots, play godlike bots instead, THEN you're showing what the game is about.
    it is only the start of the montage that has a few bots in... a majority of the vid are kills on human players... and showing of a broad range of weapons, modes, and maps isnt showing anything?

Comment

You lack the movement to show what UT3 is really about You were just..walking.

You should be dodging 99% of the time and walking/standing still 1%.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
        You lack the movement to show what UT3 is really about You were just..walking.

You should be dodging 99% of the time and walking/standing still 1%.

I was hardly standing still when i was firing though...but i get what you mean about it. I dont think its the lack of movement though, and as the vid was more of a show-and-tell, rather than an amazing montage of greatness, put it off to that. Might make another some time, with the emphasis on the great shots/skills.

Comment

After seeing that I feel so sad for the people that decided to buy a PS3 + UT3 instead of upgrading their PC for it... I almost fell asleep watching that.

Comment

dude, i dont kno if no one knows this or what, but pushing in on the left stick is the same as jump, so holding left and pushing in, which is almost the exsact same thing as double tapping, lets you dodge.. thats how i dodge, and i didnt have to adjust from ut04 at all. I actually find it easier, and surprisingly, ive been sticking to the pad for the PS3

Comment

Strange, i would of thought the shoulder buttons on a PS3 pad would of been a natural choice for dodge.

No wonder they disabled dodge jump.

So is the dodge an unused feature on PS3 typically?

Comment

half the people (keybord and mouse users) can't dodge, so yeah dodge was kinda left out of UT3... And about the PC fanboys, no it's not harder on PC that it is on PS3... Go try to get godlike without ever dodging on online match.. gawd

Comment

What sucks is if you play a few games with mostly KB/M players you kinda get their movements stuck in your head. Then a controller player comes around and is dodging all over the place and you're not used to having to compensate for it.

I've seen some controller users doing some nice acrobatics, wall dodging off of things into other areas with a rocket fired perfectly in the middle. And there I am double jumping sideways with my keyboard/mouse wondering how dodge could have been left out of a final product.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                    What sucks is if you play a few games with mostly KB/M players you kinda get their movements stuck in your head. Then a controller player comes around and is dodging all over the place and you're not used to having to compensate for it.

I've seen some controller users doing some nice acrobatics, wall dodging off of things into other areas with a rocket fired perfectly in the middle. And there I am double jumping sideways with my keyboard/mouse wondering how dodge could have been left out of a final product.
                    it can be done for sure - I think a main factor is selective dodging, rather than doing it constantly. I tend to only use dodging when i have to, rather than jumping around constantly doing it. Do I die more because of it? Do i often come last in games? Nope.... so does that mean I cant play UT3?? nope

Comment

Beware, my dear, these guys are training on UT3 since December...
                      There are a lot of good people out there, just don't sit and wait...
                      TRAIN HARD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFljk...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by ~{ISC}~Jigen View Post
                        TRAIN HARD.

Same with me man, got it on Dec 12th, as had to wait a day for it to be imported. And I think I have played the game a lot, probably have one of the highest kill counts on the PS3 side... I would love to play on the PC version, but no way my pc at home would compete.

Comment

Not to be critical... But your choice of music is highly offensive.

I'm normally not a prude, but if you want to showcase the game, choose a neutral song (instrumental?) that doesn't have "Mother Fvcker" every other word, or "Ngger" every five seconds.

I don't know how old you are, but music like that gets old really fast and IS distracting and takes away from the video portion.

Comment

Originally posted by TPSFan View Post
                            Not to be critical... But your choice of music is highly offensive.

I'm normally not a prude, but if you want to showcase the game, choose a neutral song (instrumental?) that doesn't have "Mother Fvcker" every other word, or "Ngger" every five seconds.

I don't know how old you are, but music like that gets old really fast and IS distracting and takes away from the video portion.
                            Thats a fair enough point, taken on board. I know its not to everyones taste, but was just some music that I was listening to when making it, so thought I would put it on. I like the genre of music, and have had pretty good feedback from my other montage music choices. On hinsdsight, could have been a better choice, but imo, its a still a great song... . I am 24 by the way, and love a wide range of musical tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by ~{ISC}~Jigen View Post
                              TRAIN HARD.

Wow some of those shock combos and biorifle shots are ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by jehjoa View Post
                                After seeing that I feel so sad for the people that decided to buy a PS3 + UT3 instead of upgrading their PC for it... I almost fell asleep watching that.
                                that's weird, cuz i feel the same way about you PCbots. i have this giant 61" HDTV with the windows rattling in the living room from headshots and you have to play it on this tiny little picture frame. i would fall asleep watching you play!

Comment

Working...
                                X