No announcement yet.

UT3 PS3 Montage - Lanky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from the praises, and you do seem good, I will point out that the game seems alot slower on PS3 than on PC. You wouldn't survive long with movement like that on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by 13th_Disciple View Post
      i mean no offense towards Lanky here with this reply, but....

you're talking about a GAME. something one would PLAY. congrats on the smokage.
      No offense taken . I think im not bad, and people who play with me seem to think the same, so im happy! lol

Originally posted by Sneeps View Post
      ****, i'm pretty much strictly a DM/TDM player. i'm more about the frantic action then performing specific tasks..

good job on being the top player on planet earth, though.
      I have always been an objective guy myself... love the team side of things, having people covering your back, holding off angles... but then I come from a Killzone/Battlefields backgrounds, and the reason why i love UT3 so much is that I used to play a lot of Quake 3 Arena many a year ago... but Im pretty sure once Battlefields Bad Company / Killzone 2 is out, I will be focusing on there.

Thanks for the credit, makes me feel about strange though...on planet earth... and thats one big place!

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
        Apart from the praises, and you do seem good, I will point out that the game seems alot slower on PS3 than on PC. You wouldn't survive long with movement like that on PC.
        Remember, I am using a PS3 controller though, with sensitivity on maximum... I have never really got into Pc gaming that much, used to play Counter strike years ago, was pretty good at that...and being competative on a lot of PS2/PS3 games helps me a lot.

And yes, i agree, I think it is a bit slower, but im sure i could adapt to the the PC speeds. Its all about the reactions, and I think mine are not bad!

Comment

LMAO you know you can dodge right?

Comment

Originally posted by FACEST0MPER View Post
            You mean my lack of side straffing left-right-left-right whilst firing rockets in the vain attempt to kill someone? I do it when I have to, but usuall strafing and quick turning is more than enough against most players I have come across...only the better players you have to be more strategic against. But like i said, i wont jump around like a ninny, getting luck with my shots...i tend to be more specific

The first part of the vid was my first game on that night, and was a little rusty...footage gets a lot better further into it :P

Comment

Have you tried to dodge in the PS3 version? It is hard and unpredictable. If your stick isn't at the exact angle you will just jump.

Even worse, if you have the KB plugged in theres no way to dodge at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanky View Post
                You mean my lack of side straffing left-right-left-right whilst firing rockets in the vain attempt to kill someone? I do it when I have to, but usuall strafing and quick turning is more than enough against most players I have come across...only the better players you have to be more strategic against. But like i said, i wont jump around like a ninny, getting luck with my shots...i tend to be more specific

The first part of the vid was my first game on that night, and was a little rusty...footage gets a lot better further into it :P
                lmao so you actually don't know you can DODGE.

On pc it is hitting a direction key in the same direction 2 times fast (right right, left left, forward forward, back back). I think console has to hit a another key with the direction key but idk.

Yeah, you wouldn't be ranked in top 5000 without being able to aim while dodging on pc. Also most halfway decent opponents dodge so it will be a lot harder for you to land shots.

Comment

lmao so you actually don't know you can DODGE.

On pc it is hitting a directing key in the same directing 2 times fast (right right, left left, forward forward, back back). I think console has to hit a another key with the direction key but idk.

Yeah, you wouldn't be ranked in top 5000 without being able to aim while dodging on pc.
                  At one point near the end of the vid. you see me dodge outwards on reflection and get a rocket kill...

And my comment was slightly sarcastic before, about jumping left right left right... i meant that as in dodging left right, left right, not slight jumps, as that would hardly do anything would it Different terminology for different users.

Remember though, this isnt the pc... and its not a keyboard...

Comment

"Dodging" on PS3 is preformed by walking left, right, back or forward, and then jumping ones. While on PC you had to tap the direction you wanted to dodge in twice.
                    It's more of a "jump away" than a real "dodge". Than again, UT has always been a PC game, but Epic's first (well, second, if you add Unreal Championship on Xbox) attemt to make an Unreal game on console was more than succesfull. Lovin it!

Greets

Edit: Walldodges don't work on PS3 i think (read it on one of those loading screens, but doesn't seem to work :s)

Comment

Originally posted by SB Inothep View Post
                      "Dodging" on PS3 is preformed by walking left, right, back or forward, and then jumping ones. While on PC you had to tap the direction you wanted to dodge in twice.
                      It's more of a "jump away" than a real "dodge". Than again, UT has always been a PC game, but Epic's first (well, second, if you add Unreal Championship on Xbox) attemt to make an Unreal game on console was more than succesfull. Lovin it!

Greets

Edit: Walldodges don't work on PS3 i think (read it on one of those loading screens, but doesn't seem to work :s)
                      You can jump off a wall, but its a bit tricky... doesnt really do any good though, as it doesnt make you go very far... lol

Comment

Back on 2k4, i could walldodge for miles on end

LoL

Comment

prolly a good thing that there is not a cross platform feature, because without dodge it would be pc ownage all the time.

so on a ps3 how do you avoid a rocket or sniper ???

Comment

Dodging with a controller is actually really easy, I don't know what everyone is talking about. Wall dodging is pretty simple too. I don't use the controller very often though, so it sucks that you can't dodge with KB/M. It makes you wonder what the testers were smoking.

Also I have a hard time believing the bots were set to Godlike in the video. They dodge all over the place even on Adept but in your video they look like they are controlled by blind apes. It looked like they were set really low.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                              Dodging with a controller is actually really easy, I don't know what everyone is talking about. Wall dodging is pretty simple too. I don't use the controller very often though, so it sucks that you can't dodge with KB/M. It makes you wonder what the testers were smoking.

Also I have a hard time believing the bots were set to Godlike in the video. They dodge all over the place even on Adept but in your video they look like they are controlled by blind apes. It looked like they were set really low.
                              I always put it one up from whatever the default it - isnt that godlike? Only one that it might not be is the Hyrdrosis map, but as far as i remember, it is.

I have no problem dodging rockets at all, even with a pad - wall jumping is pretty strange though, doesnt really seem to do anything.

Comment

My first Unreal Tournament Montage captured from PS3 via DVD Recorder. The footage is from about 6 games in a night, and is intended to show as much about the game as possible... hope you enjoy
                                You're showing squat of the game right now as you're playing easy bots, play godlike bots instead, THEN you're showing what the game is about.

And what's up with the poor movement? You didn't doge even ONCE.

Comment

Working...
                                X