Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Forum Suggestion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Suggestion

My suggestion is to have seperate boards for ps3 chat and pc chat. I've only been here a little while, but I've found that most issues in the general chat have to do with the PC version rather than the PS3 version. As I have the ps3 version, that makes it somewhat tedious to filter through all the the threads and gets to ones that pertain to me. I searched the forum and couldnt find this topic being brought up before..

Anyone else agree?

I'm just annoyed with myself that I know most of the answers to ps3-related problems. I haven't bought a console since n64. =P

Comment

It has been mentioned before about setting up separate forums for the different machines and yes in one way it could be a good idea. however if you do do that you run the risk of fragmenting the community as a whole whereas at the moment both pc and ps3 users talk together.

But yes it can be annoying sifting through the different threads, so how about if when people start threads off can't the Admins add a field with either "PC" "PS3" and "360" (when it comes) and set it as mandatory to be selected before the thread could be posted?

Comment

You wouldn't necessarily need different forums all together, maybe just separate boards. Ps3 users and PC users alike could come together on all the other boards, as far as modding and such..

Comment

Yeah, just give people an option button so it can tag it with [PC] [PS3] [360] whatever and/or let people search 3-character strings!! PS3/360/CTF/All other TLAs! Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by X_NaStY View Post
            You wouldn't necessarily need different forums all together, maybe just separate boards. Ps3 users and PC users alike could come together on all the other boards, as far as modding and such..
            it would be nice to see areas under the UT3 subforum for PS3 and xbox when that version is available. it would at least give areas to ask dedicated questions for each console brand. but i think those forum areas should be Q&A/FAQ only type forums, so that the general UT3 talk would include all 3 game versions. it only makes sense to have console based areas so there is no confusion.

but i also agree with HX that a tag for a thread specifying which version the comment/question is about would add clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz2611 View Post
              It has been mentioned before about setting up separate forums for the different machines and yes in one way it could be a good idea. however if you do do that you run the risk of fragmenting the community as a whole whereas at the moment both pc and ps3 users talk together.

But yes it can be annoying sifting through the different threads, so how about if when people start threads off can't the Admins add a field with either "PC" "PS3" and "360" (when it comes) and set it as mandatory to be selected before the thread could be posted?
              I +1 this idea. BRILLIANT!

Comment

Epic won't listen. People have asked for this before.

Comment

Perhaps once the game receives some more polish? I sympathize with the PS3 users (as the Unreal IP has been a staple of PC gaming for nearly a decade, and therefore has a very strong fan-base), but unfortunately I don't see this working it's way to the top of Epic's to-do list in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                  X