• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uncheck "£AllowCustomCharacter" make everyone the bright demo guy

Comment

On a side note, that map looks distinctly not black ¬_¬

Comment

it bothered me at frist when i played maps like Arsenal, but ive gotten used to it. I dont use Necris models becuase alot of ppl already do.

Comment

epic has made the same mistake they made with 2k3 & 2k4 (until a patch fixed it in 2k4 )

in that you can play as necris character so others see necris, but by unchecking allow custom character all you see is the demo guy.
          this was fixed in 2k4 in that if you forced player character you had to play as that character, leading to the overnight gorge domination.

which imo is & was fairer to all players, and needs to be again addressed by epic.

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
            uncheck "£AllowCustomCharacter" make everyone the bright demo guy
            Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! I was so immersed with the ini's I didn't look unter "Player" in the normal menu.

Problem solved.

Hmmm.. seems like I can't edit the thread's title

edit: It was set by the holy ghost, YAY for mods

Comment

I liked how it was setup in Q3A RA where you could set your own team's model and color, then you could set the opposing team's model and color. You shouldn't be able to gain an advantage simply by the model/color that you chose.

Comment

Originally posted by upL8N8 View Post
                I liked how it was setup in Q3A RA where you could set your own team's model and color, then you could set the opposing team's model and color. You shouldn't be able to gain an advantage simply by the model/color that you chose.
                yep theres a mod in UT3 just like that, just need server admins to load them up.

Comment

I never had problems spotting people, at least not after some getting used to the game and it's high visual spam ratio. It's mostly about movement really.

But I can see where you're coming from Good to hear the problem is solved for you.

The servers that force models, I don't like them. Maybe it makes sense for competitive play, but I kinda like my character, maybe I'm too much of a roleplayer after all. And while I do use a Necris, it's about look and not hiding factor - which you can plainly see by the fact that I chose the one with the brightest upper body, the bare-chested one

Comment

Working...
                  X