X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They only thing UT3 FUBAR'ed [SOLVED]

I like really everything in that game, EXCEPT:
    [shot]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7281/screenshot00003as9.jpg[/shot]
    Notice an enemy here? Yeah, me neither. It's because these fscking black necris skins. Who thought it would be a good idea to have black skins in black maps (And this is one of the brighter ones)? What's more, the other 3 teams look bright and shiny, which is unfair.
    I complain because I haven't exactly a flood in customut/duel - servers in my browser, so I'm kinda forced to play on them.

When I clicked on the thumbnail and brought up the image I could make the enemy out. However I will say there are skins that are easier to see then others and I have lost people sometimes while chasing them because of their skin.

Also even though I have my detail up high some of the skins look very low on detail.

Comment

There is one to the right of the tree.

on small maps like this, it don't really make much of a difference. It moves, you kill it. Even black things are pretty easy to see when they move.

Comment

I see them ok tbh,better than i did in ut2004.
        Also normally the servers i play on they have a glow around them.

Comment

I've never had an issue with it myself. In team games they practically glow at a distance, while the little lights that cover the armour mean they'll always be visible within a certain range no matter how much the rest of them blends in.

Comment

I have worlddetail=1 and have no problem seeing them, is your default glow skin working?

Comment

I cant even see the necris lol

Comment

No, I play on all max, but with "beer goggles" and the likes off.

Anyways, I can tell the people using the black ones are ***gots

Comment

Time for force model then. ^^

Comment

I've seeked for force models, nothing found

Comment

I cant see a necris there but I can see "Badgeman" hiding on the grassy knoll beside the tree......does that count?

Comment

this problem is especially bad on low details, as the glowing effects and such you get when players are at a distance on high detail dont work on low.
                        i find it really hard on some maps to track players using the black/grey skins, to the extent where even if theyre an easy to kill player, ill be the one that ends up dead.
                        all the other characters i have no problem seeing.

Comment

I can see them, why can't you! :-p

Comment

I must agree, I hate the Necris skins. They look cool but they are terrible in game, especially with more than half the maps being soo dark.

Comment

yes the dark skins are a b**ch, I dont like the red on the team colors either, sometimes the dark red skins blend in so well to the dark maps, I will walk right into the enemy and get trashed. because they see me frist, I hate to say it, but with the maps as dark as they are, we may need bright skins, I have played on some servers that have bright skins mod and its really nice for colored blind peeps like myself

Comment

Working...
                              X