Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Bloom=False, Qualitybloom= True looks best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloom=False, Qualitybloom= True looks best?

Is it just me, or does that look a lot better than having both on, or having both off?

It seems to reduce noticeable aliasing as well.

leave it on and turn off Depth Of Field and have a look i prefer it that way.. others dont... its a personal preference

Comment

What is 'aliasing'? I've wondered that for a while.
      Also, what does the 'reduced gore' option do? And what is a 'gore'?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
        And what is a 'gore'?
        Well 1st of all, gore is like blood and guts, so no heads rolling everywhere (if that happens, i havent got my new pc yet), and
        2nd, u can't say a gore because 'a' is an article and it helps the noun only if its singular. And blood is classified as plural, and so it guts, so
        gore is blood and guts.

PS:I know ur not an idiot i just like wasting time, obviously if u can type, u can read say and know english.
        U can c why people hate me lol.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing
          also reduced gore i guess it means less gibs and blood.

Comment

If you don't know, please don't look it up. I never saw it in games until I looked it up in-depth (via that wikipedia article). Now I see it everywhere unless I have antialiasing running.

This is one situation where ignorance is truly bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
              If you don't know, please don't look it up. I never saw it in games until I looked it up in-depth (via that wikipedia article). Now I see it everywhere unless I have antialiasing running.

I will have to unfortunately agree with this statement. It bugs the living daylights out of me. Games in general look so much more uglier now

Comment

Originally posted by IceFrogg View Post
                ...U can c why people hate me lol.
                It's because you clearly know English well, and yet you can't spell random words like "you".

Comment

Oh the irony

Comment

Originally posted by Masklin View Post
                    Oh the irony
                    oh the ironing? get a woman to do it for you..

Comment

Jagged edges as a result of having 2 colors occupy the same texture pixel. Antialiasing in videogames specifically refers to an edge or an overlap between objects where the cutoff doesn't wholly fill pixels.

As a matter of fact -- when you get to non-videogame 3d... antialiasing and anisotropic filtering end up becoming basically the same thing.

I'd get into more detail but yea -- it's not important. It's basically just jagged edges.

Comment

Originally posted by 13th_Disciple View Post
                        oh the ironing? get a woman to do it for you..
                        lol.... i wind my miss up telling her its her job . needless to say she doesnt do it.. but i do get a coffee in the mornings

Comment

You all having way too much fun

As for the antialiasing.. maybe it's better to return to 320x200 graphics like in older shooters, that way we won't see it

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post

Doesn't effect me, but to put it simply, Anti-analysing cleans up jagged lines, of course you can still see jagged lines with anti-analysing on thus there are different levels of anti-analysing, each one filtering down on jagged lines to a greater effect then the previous. So Anti-analysing = good, higher levels of anti-analysing = great. As for being able to see Jagged lines when you look at things, meh, I was able to see em way before I knew what Anti-Analysing was =P.... I just ignore them whilst I am enjoying a game tho....

Comment

what is 'a gore'? hes the guy who lost to bush in the 2000 election here in america... poor guy.
                              if you mean what is 'gore' thats blood/body parts.

aliasing = jaggies.

anti-aliasing = removing jaggies at the cost of performance
                              high anti-aliasing = silky smooth edges (like a good lady's legs), but also slow (like a good lady's head)
                              low anti-aliasing = nasty jagged edges (like a nasty unshaved lady's leg)

Comment

Working...
                              X