This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console Cut and Paste

I'm not sure if this has been posted before and if it has I apologize. I don't frequent the forums often anymore.

This is a very basic question, which I believe deserves a very basic answer. Can an EPIC developer tell me the technical difficulties in allowing a user to copy text from windows and paste it into the UT console. This thread isn't to bash Epic or anything but I really would like to know why this isn't in the game, especially when other recent fps' have this very basic feature. It is my contention that this is probably not a difficult feature to implement. That being said, why didn't this come with the game and/or why isn't hasn't this been added to patches? If I am wrong and this IS difficult please enlighten me as it would be very interesting for me to know such information.

This is one of those small features that would garner an enormous amount of satisfaction while making our lives about million times easier. It also makes UT more "complete". It's extremely difficult and irritating having to get an ip from irc, load UT, go into window mode (by pressing ALT + Enter), move the window over so that you can see the mIRC window and UT window at the same time, then type in the ip. Cut and paste would reduced this process to about two steps. It makes Pug'ing (Pick Up Game for those who don't know) that much more difficult and considering that player counts are already low it'd be nice to make the experience easier for those who are playing.

Anyways, it's just a thought.

Just f*cking do it so that UTcan join the 21st century. Thanks!!

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=593340

Comment

Working...
    X