Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360 UT3 Demo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    360 UT3 Demo

    is a demo form of the game going to be available for 360 players at any point b4 release? if not publicly but one for game sites like ign or G4 to preview for us to read about?

    i have it for the ps3 and play constantly "10.6k/4.5k kill/death ratio" so i know all about the game i need to know its just that when its out for the 360 im going to play exclusively on that system cuz of xbox live and the better fps controller. so im eager to see how the frame rate will hold up on the 360 version. the ps3s run the game wonderfully btw , i hope the xbox can at least match it if not run better.

    #2
    Enjoy that on the 360. I heard due to the fact of the smaller discs the 360 version won't have all the maps the ps3 version has, The controller doesn't make much difference in my book, but if you want to play great online get the game for the computer.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Wolfness View Post
      Enjoy that on the 360. I heard due to the fact of the smaller discs the 360 version won't have all the maps the ps3 version has, The controller doesn't make much difference in my book, but if you want to play great online get the game for the computer.
      The game's only like 9 gigs...I could see them toning down the GFX a BIT, and leaving all the maps in there...I love my 360, but I kinda doubt they could have it at "FULL" GFX settings and keep it HD....I'd be fine with 4/4 GFX settings (like how I run it now) if it runs as smooth as the PS3 version...It'd also be cool for EPIC and Microsoft to collaborate, and release the most popular mods and maps....I dont really see why M$' gotta be so greedy.....And if they release mods, THEY BETTER NOT BE FOR ****IN MICROSOFT POINTS. I swear i'd abandon Microsoft if they charged for USER-CREATED mods and maps...I understand if they wanna charge for EPIC-created content, but user-created content is "FUBU" (For us, by us)

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by HereComesDeath View Post
        The game's only like 9 gigs...I could see them toning down the GFX a BIT, and leaving all the maps in there...I love my 360, but I kinda doubt they could have it at "FULL" GFX settings and keep it HD....I'd be fine with 4/4 GFX settings (like how I run it now) if it runs as smooth as the PS3 version...It'd also be cool for EPIC and Microsoft to collaborate, and release the most popular mods and maps....I dont really see why M$' gotta be so greedy.....And if they release mods, THEY BETTER NOT BE FOR ****IN MICROSOFT POINTS. I swear i'd abandon Microsoft if they charged for USER-CREATED mods and maps...I understand if they wanna charge for EPIC-created content, but user-created content is "FUBU" (For us, by us)
        I'm sure compression and the way its put onto a pc dvd and a game cd are diffrent because of the advanced reading and data compression the pc can use, it might not all fit on the 9gig DVDs and work with the stuff it needs, the pc doesnt use it off of a disc, we will wait and see how it works, but if they want to charge to download the user created content and stuff that would suck major bum bum, but i just play FPS on my pc because the pc destroys consoles

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Wolfness View Post
          I'm sure compression and the way its put onto a pc dvd and a game cd are diffrent because of the advanced reading and data compression the pc can use, it might not all fit on the 9gig DVDs and work with the stuff it needs, the pc doesnt use it off of a disc, we will wait and see how it works, but if they want to charge to download the user created content and stuff that would suck major bum bum, but i just play FPS on my pc because the pc destroys consoles
          Im primarily a 360 gamer, but Ut3 isnt out yet on it, so for the time being, im playing alot on my Pc...Also I built my PC so I can play games like HL2 and have fun in the modding community....Depending on the quality of the 360 version, versus the PC version, I may still buy it for the 360....But right now im getting the same experience by playing with my 360 controller...Im WAAY better with the controller than the M/Kb combo, but I'd say im above average with it...1.7 K/D ratio and I use the crappy Dell mouse and keyboards that came with my PC...Too bad the sensitivity is kinda low on the 360 controller... But I like sitting back in my chair rather than being hunched over uncomfortably...I feel like im rambling so im done now

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Wolfness View Post
            Enjoy that on the 360. I heard due to the fact of the smaller discs the 360 version won't have all the maps the ps3 version has, The controller doesn't make much difference in my book, but if you want to play great online get the game for the computer.
            Uh, can't they just make the other maps available for download? For FREE of course. If thats all they can't fit in.

            As a side note, if absolutely any further download for UT3 would require me to pay for the 360, make sure I'm gonna make them lose more than they would've gotten from me in the first place, and thats making sure no one else buy it for the same reason.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Wolfness View Post
              Enjoy that on the 360. I heard due to the fact of the smaller discs the 360 version won't have all the maps the ps3 version has, The controller doesn't make much difference in my book, but if you want to play great online get the game for the computer.
              yeah the whole disk space thing doesnt hold any weight anymore imo , at least not yet .. from being a pc gamer through the old school live action cd rom games with 6+ cds i dont mind if i have to use a 2nd dvd anyway

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by HereComesDeath View Post
                The game's only like 9 gigs...I could see them toning down the GFX a BIT, and leaving all the maps in there...I love my 360, but I kinda doubt they could have it at "FULL" GFX settings and keep it HD....I'd be fine with 4/4 GFX settings (like how I run it now) if it runs as smooth as the PS3 version...It'd also be cool for EPIC and Microsoft to collaborate, and release the most popular mods and maps....I dont really see why M$' gotta be so greedy.....And if they release mods, THEY BETTER NOT BE FOR ****IN MICROSOFT POINTS. I swear i'd abandon Microsoft if they charged for USER-CREATED mods and maps...I understand if they wanna charge for EPIC-created content, but user-created content is "FUBU" (For us, by us)
                Your right but I dont think they would make you pay for somthing a user had done. Well at less not in Halo I know alot of ppl dont like halo or hearing about it but its the only game I can think of that you can mode a map you could down load them for bungie fav for free

                Comment


                  #9
                  M$ wants money for the content, because they are the ones that have to dedicate resources to make it available for download. They would be the ones serving it. I would say in a best case scenario epic will do up like 10 maps at a time for cheap M$ points. Maybe like 400 or something. I highly doubt all the maps will be free. Maybe some, but not all.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    i can see the 360 getting a setup similar to the PS3 download system, however; epic will need to work directly with microsoft to ensure that the 360 maps+mutators cant work a loophole around the 360's security for code-signing- thus allowing people to soft-hack the console. if anyone can do it, its microsoft, they have the resources.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by WARRIC
                      I disagree microsoft would have to open there system and they arent going to do that. you will get maps mutators on marketplace some free some paid for and thats it. they arent going to open there system for 1 game its not going to happen.
                      I agree. It sucks though.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I've only just got a 360 but can't you take out your hardrive or something like that, why don't you just install it onto the hardrive, that way it won't mean microsoft have to spend ages on moddifiying the game.

                        And anyway, i just had to £39.99 to play online for 12 months, microsoft are stealing i tell you, if only we could take it back......

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by marilol View Post
                          I've only just got a 360 but can't you take out your hardrive or something like that, why don't you just install it onto the hardrive, that way it won't mean microsoft have to spend ages on moddifiying the game.

                          And anyway, i just had to £39.99 to play online for 12 months, microsoft are stealing i tell you, if only we could take it back......
                          you can take it back. just don't buy a 360. that's the only way you will get MS to do anything. just don't spend the money. i know that's not an easy fix for those with the 360, but i refuse to buy a 360 because of the way MS wants the online gameplay to work.

                          i will eventually get a PS3 simply because of Blu-Ray looking like it will be the standard for hi-def DVD..

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I know what you mean but at least they listen to people like bungie (and hopefully epic) because its free to play halo 3 in unranked matchmaking.

                            I hope those money sucking bugs see where they went wrong and try to fix it soon.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by HereComesDeath View Post
                              .And if they release mods, THEY BETTER NOT BE FOR ****IN MICROSOFT POINTS. I swear i'd abandon Microsoft if they charged for USER-CREATED mods and maps...I understand if they wanna charge for EPIC-created content, but user-created content is "FUBU" (For us, by us)
                              If they charge points for one of my maps I demand that Epic pays me for time i spent creating them. Its fine and dandy to map for free as long as my maps are free for everybody who wants them, but moment somebody is making $$$ on my free work I demand cut of profit.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X