dodge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dodge?

so im new to the ut franchise and recently bought ut3 to the ps3 , i hear alot of ppl talking about dodging in ut3, can someone just explain what that is in ut3 and how you do it?

On ps3, jump in a direction.

PC: double tap W, A, S, or D.

Comment

Originally posted by Sythes View Post
      so im new to the ut franchise and recently bought ut3 to the ps3 , i hear alot of ppl talking about dodging in ut3, can someone just explain what that is in ut3 and how you do it?
      Dodging is a singniture movement ability for the Unreal series. It's a short hop in a given direction, traditionally performed by double-tapping a movement direction (though on the PS3 and on UC2 for the Xbox it was simplified to the process above.)
      If you jump and perform a dodge away from a wall while airborne, you'll kick off the wall. Performed at the right time, this can net some useful air and speed. Used at the wrong time, the increased gravity will pull you down and you won't get much out of it.

Typical usage involves clearing some gaps, and hopping clear of projectiles or other threats at the last moment, as well as making your movement less predictable and moving more quickly around a map.

Comment

And if you use the keyboard&mouse on PS3, you don't get to dodge at all. Only on controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
          And if you use the keyboard&mouse on PS3, you don't get to dodge at all. Only on controllers.
          what a rort! hope one of u PS3 peeps put that in the patch request

Comment

Dodging in UT3 is more like a sidestep, I used to love the athletic dodges in UT2k4, the shockball combo dodges always made me think (I wish I'd recorded that)

Dodging now is like the one I remember from U2 (not Bono-one)

Eg. Ok lets go win a match, lets wear the heaviest/bulkiest armour available

Player: "Why?"

Eg. So we can lump around like lumberjacks, is that someone from ut2k4 shooting me in the back, I can't turn round my neck is too thick, someone is ittttt...........SPLAT!

Comment

Working...
            X