Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting randomly crushed by invisible vehicles?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone else getting randomly crushed by invisible vehicles?

    I've been seeing this oddity repeatedly throughout the last couple of Warfare games I had a couple of hours ago - Every few minutes I'd respawn, and barely take a step outside of my base or outpost before suddenly gibbing and being met with the red message "You were killed by enemy (Hit & Run)!", even though there wern't any vehicles anywhere near me. Bear in mind that this has repeatedly been happening to me on Torlan (regular, not Necris), Sinkhole and Downtown - maps which do not have any Nightshades to be found whatsoever. Nightshades can cloak, Mantas, Scorpions and tanks cannot. And I'm fairly sure the tanks can't rocket-jump right on top of you 'cos that would just be terrifying yet hilarious.

    Is this a weird graphical glitch I'm experiencing? A client-prediction bug which causes a player-controlled vehicle to spaz out and warp all over the place before reverting back to its original patch of land, maybe? Or is it just further evidence of my total absence of luck when confronted with the bloody hovercraft?

    #2
    I think I've had this happen a few times in vCTF but no so much in Warfare. I'd die and try to look around for the nearest enemy vehicle that hit me and I see nobody.

    Comment


      #3
      yeah it happened a lot to me one time in warfare but this 1 guy, forgot his name-could be a cheat

      Comment


        #4
        Now you mention it yeah I had this happen recently on WAR-floodgate. I just died and it definitely wasnt a hit and run with nightshade....... hmmm suspicious

        Comment


          #5
          I think I read a thread like this a while ago. One idea was that you are getting packet loss, so the other guy doesn't show on your client and then you are told that you were run over...

          Comment


            #6
            Guys you do realise there is a vehicle that actually IS invisable right? I don't know what it was called but it can lay down mines turn invisable and make those cubes where persons/projectiles go slow in.

            And this vehicle is 100% sure in war-floodgate.

            ah I see now you say it wasn't the nightshade, that's the only thing I can think of tho..

            Comment


              #7
              It may be also some streaming bug, that vehicle may be not loaded at your client.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
                It may be also some streaming bug, that vehicle may be not loaded at your client.
                No it is the Nightshade. Play the SP game they explain it in the game when you first run into it. Hit the secondary fire and you will slow down a bit but your totally invisible to anybody vehicle or not. I use it all the time on Avalanche to run down spawn campers when they are not looking. Just drive up cloke and then run them down then decloke if nobody is around and speed off. I also use it to place EMP mines, Slow zones, bubble shields and spider mines it rocks!

                Trust me it's not a hack or cheat it's the Nightshade. It's made for spec ops style missions and it works great. Epic even coded the AI not to shoot you when you go invisible. I love it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Gunwing View Post
                  No it is the Nightshade. Play the SP game they explain it in the game when you first run into it. Hit the secondary fire and you will slow down a bit but your totally invisible to anybody vehicle or not. I use it all the time on Avalanche to run down spawn campers when they are not looking. Just drive up cloke and then run them down then decloke if nobody is around and speed off. I also use it to place EMP mines, Slow zones, bubble shields and spider mines it rocks!

                  Trust me it's not a hack or cheat it's the Nightshade. It's made for spec ops style missions and it works great. Epic even coded the AI not to shoot you when you go invisible. I love it.
                  Re-read the OP:

                  this has repeatedly been happening to me on Torlan (regular, not Necris), Sinkhole and Downtown - maps which do not have any Nightshades to be found whatsoever.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Sometimes, I don't get the "You are standing in the way of a vehicle respawning" message. Instead, the vehicle spawns and I'm telefragged.


                    Maybe this is what's happening? I don't remember "hit & run" message though.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      dont know if this will help but the other guy mentioned a bug or glitch.iv had the game glitch when im in a vehicle,the vehicle goes belly up and sticks to
                      the nearest wall or rock belly up.
                      p.s. i beg to differ with gunwing coz iv had AI bots open fire on invisible nightshade from miles away so they definitly CAN see it

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm getting the same thing as CaptainSnarf - instead of the warning to get out of the way of a spawning vehicle, it just spawns and telefrags me. Yay.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by woooo View Post
                          yeah it happened a lot to me one time in warfare but this 1 guy, forgot his name-could be a cheat
                          You rang?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X