Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to buy UT3

Heyas!

This is mainly a question towards EPIC, but anyone who knows the answere please tell me!

What are the contacts to email EPIC?

I just found out that i cannot buy UT3 from direct2drive because i live in sweden, why? Why do Sweden have Restriction from buying the game when Denmark does not?

Alex

edit: The game has already launched here in sweden on PC

I don't think EPIC has anything to do with this, you should contact the direct2drive company to ask why...

Comment

Why not buy the dvd?

Comment

Originally posted by UrFatMom View Post
        I don't think EPIC has anything to do with this, you should contact the direct2drive company to ask why...
        I did, and they said it came from the Developers.

As to why i do not buy the DVD.
        And i buy all of my games on Digital Download, way easier to keep track of Cd-keys and not scratching my DVDs

Comment

Well then this is weird, since it is actually released on DVD in sweden... Maybe if you contact them directly, since they don't always come on this forum, you might have an answer faster! Sorry if I was of no help

Comment

whee can i contact them? is there any form or phone number anywhere, sorry if i seem noobish but i couldnt find any :P

If it isent the one "Contact us" here on the forum? although isent that just about the site / forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by SypherZ View Post
              whee can i contact them? is there any form or phone number anywhere, sorry if i seem noobish but i couldnt find any :P

If it isent the one "Contact us" here on the forum? although isent that just about the site / forum ?
              Epic Games
              5511 Capital Center Dr
              Suite 675
              Raleigh, North Carolina 27606
              United States

Comment

Heyas!

This is mainly a question towards EPIC, but anyone who knows the answere please tell me!

What are the contacts to email EPIC?

I just found out that i cannot buy UT3 from direct2drive because i live in sweden, why? Why do Sweden have Restriction from buying the game when Denmark does not?

Alex

edit: The game has already launched here in sweden on PC
                off topic but I'm also from sweden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I did, and they said it came from the Developers.

As to why i do not buy the DVD.
                  And i buy all of my games on Digital Download, way easier to keep track of Cd-keys and not scratching my DVDs
                  Well then, what you can do is buy the DVD, copy the files to your HD and put them in the same place you put all your other games that you have downloaded and you can make a text file with the cd key in it.

Fair enough, the game does not have anti piracy software with it so should not be a problem.

Comment

also, the game costs about 25$ more in sweden than any other country (compared with USA prices)
                    and to import to sweden, you will still have to pay taxes.

Its not easy being a student these days man

The game costs half of what i get per month, hence another reason i want to buy the digital copy

anyway, i tried contacting them through the "Contact" at the end of the forum page

Hope i get a response, and thanks to all for the help i got

Comment

Hey again, im opening this because when im calling Epic Games i only get a message to push some button we dont have on the phone (stupid) and when i hang there, i am told to say the name of the person i am trying to reach...

So, who am i reaching out for??? If i say Epic Games it dosent do anything and sometimes it misshears me and asks if i want to call someone named Amy or something lol....

Dont they have a direct support line?

Comment

Does broadband in say European or North American countries have download limits? I ask because presumably, direct2drive would use up a lot of DL bandwidth. In Australia there are download limits with basically every broabdband plan that I have come across. Are there download limits for broandband in other countries or is it generally uncapped?

Comment

Buy the DVD. There is no requirement to have the DVD in the drive to play UT3. Which is brilliant. So just install and store the DVD in the attic somewhere.

Comment

also, the game costs about 25$ more in sweden than any other country (compared with USA prices)
                            and to import to sweden, you will still have to pay taxes.

No, there are no broadband limits and sweden is top knotch on broadband
                            Atleast what i read and heard of we are in the top 5 of users per broadband compares to the people who live here

Still, any mod or anything that could give me info on how to contact EPIC?

Comment

Working...
                            X