Doesn't Dark walker look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't Dark walker look

Like that Alien Machine from the Movie "War of the Worlds"?

Originally posted by Staticnova View Post
    da dum psssh! Yes it does, glad ppl are noticing this.

Comment

It does. The WotW tripods have been ripped off countless times before, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
        It does. The WotW tripods have been ripped off countless times before, get over it.
        Wow that was friendly and productive!

Anywho...
        Yes it does look like it...regardless of a "stolen" idea or not. It's still pretty damned cool. (Although it needs to be faster ...HA!)

Comment

And the walker thingys from Half Life 2, guess HL2 got there first lol

Although I do prefer the legs on the UT ones (erm, giant walker leg fetishist)

Comment

I think it still has its own evil-looking style. yes tripods in sci fi are nothing new but can you get a MOSTER KILL IN THEM !! ??? lol

Comment

And for anyone up on their knoweldge of WotW trivia.

The name of the weapon that the Walker uses to vaporize it's foe, lends itself to a certain UT3 map. Which map is this?

Comment

"Heat Ray"?

Comment

Originally posted by sHoTDoGGed View Post
                  ...The name of the weapon that the Walker uses to vaporize it's foe, lends itself to a certain UT3 map. Which map is this?
                  You must be talking about the highly regarded "DM-Can't-Fire-Straight-When-Standing-On-A-Slight-Incline", yes?

Comment

And a point to Somnambulist for the correct answer.

Mr Evil you can have double points for humour. Sadly that leaves you with 0 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Tramain1987 View Post
                      da dum psssh! Yes it does, glad ppl are noticing this.
                      Can you explain what the joke is?

Comment

Originally posted by Staticnova View Post
                        I think even Epic admit that they borrowed the idea. Hated the movie though, it was not as good as the 1950's version (seriously) and not a patch on the original story.

Comment

not a patch on the four LP Vinyls ... which i still have safely tucked away

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                            You must be talking about the highly regarded "DM-Can't-Fire-Straight-When-Standing-On-A-Slight-Incline", yes?
                            No never heard of that map

Comment

Well if you want a more interesting comparison, check out the beams on Starcraft 2's tripod: (it has 4 legs but who cares, its a tripod in my book)

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/colossus.xml

Comment

Working...
                              X