Settling Overtime in vCTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settling Overtime in vCTF

After racking up many hours on Suspense stuck in Overtime I was thinking...

What if the objective in Overtime changed to - planting your flag in the opponents base - it's a one way trip & would still be settled on skill & tactics! Think it'll be fun & settle the game alot quicker!

What do you think?

hrhr sounds funny

Comment

Overtime also conveys a hidden message : Stop playing vehicle DM and camping base. Usually overtime results from both teams just playing DM with vehicles and camping the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
        Overtime also conveys a hidden message : Stop playing vehicle DM and camping base. Usually overtime results from both teams just playing DM with vehicles and camping the flag.
        +1

I clocked more time on Corruption than any other map I've played in UT3 and every map in existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethyn 2.81 View Post
          +1

I clocked more time on Corruption than any other map I've played in UT3 and every map in existence.
          QFT, that map should have a subtitle "OVERTIME map"

Comment

Warfare offers an extra thrill in overtime because of the countdown.

Something like that is unfortunately missing in vCTF.
            In my opinion this mode should be fixed with an upcoming patch.
            There could be a goal like: who touches the flag at first during overtime wins.
            Or something which gives an extra thrill, like in warfare mode.

Because it is simply boring "playing vehicle DM and camping base" (like Nacher pointed out) two hours in overtime and it affects the behaviour of the players gradually, they will be brought up to play this "style" even in regular time.

Cheers

Comment

Here we go: once OT starts, players start dieing off at timed intervals, and become relegated to spectator status. Eventually there won't be enough players to maintain a solid defense, and something will have to happen. If it's still a tie when all players are dead, no-one wins and the round is simply over.

Comment

i think it's gonna be hard to do because if someone takes the flag before OT then it will be messed up. love the OP idea though

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                  So what you're saying is, people should purposely play in a way that allows the other team to grab their flag? Sounds about right...

I think his idea about planting the flag in the enemy base sounds good, puts a twist in the game, you would just have to get your flag onto the base where their flag is. Their flag wouldn't even have to be in place. That would be pretty cool.

Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
                  i think it's gonna be hard to do because if someone takes the flag before OT then it will be messed up. love the OP idea though
                  No it will not be messed up actually, what could happen is, IF overtime hits and the enemy has your flag the game continues as normal, IF you kill the enemy with your flag and return it THEN it switches to where you have to grab your own flag and plant it in the enemy base. So basically if you are in overtime and both flags are in their respective bases it would switch to having to plant your flag in their base.

Comment

There's already a mod like that, though I never see anybody playing it

Comment

Working...
                    X