Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Where is all the color?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what my actual speed is. It's 2.1ghz. I was just stating where system requirements lab might have gotten their "rated at 6.0ghz"

Comment

I know we're starting to get off topic...But do you think my case has sufficient coolling alreadyto try and OC' it?, or would I need to add a case fan or two as an "insurance policy" if you will...My case is pretty small, here's some pics....
      http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010065.jpg
      http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010064.jpg (in this one, INCLUDING the "case" of the tape measure, it equals 14")
      http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010063.jpg
      http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010061.jpg

Comment

It should be fine for overclocking. For your beginner overclocker you're not going to want to OC very much. Just bump the FSB up a little, and leave the voltage alone unless you want to advance a level. You are unlikely to see much of a temperature increase until you mess with the voltage. I recommend you keep the case cover on, it improves cooling. Download a program called Core Temp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ and you can monitor your CPUs temperature. What's a safe range? I can't say for sure but if your CPU is approaching 60c you're running too hot.

I have a similar CPU, and here's what I have & did:
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.2 ghz
        By default there is a multiplier of 11 and the FSB is 200. 200 * 11 = 2200 mhz
        A little at a time I upped the FSB and tested while playing a game for a half hour. Once the computer would start crashing I lowered the FSB a touch and tested again. Once I no longer get random crashes, I kept the OC.
        I kept the multiplier at 11 and changed the FSB to 232. 232 * 11 = 2552 mhz = 2.55 ghz

Comment

Cool, but honestly, I dont really see how keeping the side of the case on would really help cool it..Maybe because keeping it closed, creates more of a "suction" for the rear fan to REMOVE the hot air...hmm..

Comment

I just downloaded it, and my 1st core or "Core #0" is hovering around 45-47C and my second core or "Core #1" is at about 35C....I have heard of people PC's running at around 55+ degrees celcius, so I suppose im getting good temps...but then again it's not "under-load" persay...

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
              search for "Color Control"
              Fixed. I realize British English is the international standard, but the Unreal franchise doesn't appear to give a ****.

Alternatively... just click the link in my sig...

Comment

Originally posted by HereComesDeath View Post
                I know we're starting to get off topic...But do you think my case has sufficient coolling alreadyto try and OC' it?, or would I need to add a case fan or two as an "insurance policy" if you will...My case is pretty small, here's some pics....
                http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010065.jpg
                http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010064.jpg (in this one, INCLUDING the "case" of the tape measure, it equals 14")
                http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010063.jpg
                http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/P1010061.jpg
                hey man i have the same PC as you. inspiron 531 right? if so, then you can't OC because Dell locks the bios. unless you're not using the original motherboard...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                  hey man i have the same PC as you. inspiron 531 right? if so, then you can't OC because Dell locks the bios. unless you're not using the original motherboard...
                  Yep, the 531....As for the Oc'ing...Im kind of ok with that,because im saving up to build an actual gaming rig....Im doing the step up with my 8600, to upgrade to an 8800Gt, then when I build my gaming rig, im going to get 1 8800Gt with it, and then add my OTHER 8800 with it to do sli...That way, i'll be saving money instead of buying a WHOLE new one....Know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by DscytheX View Post
                    I would suggest to change your post processing under advanced video options from "Intense" to "Vivid". I found both in GOW and UT3 that the "intense" setting makes things hazy and dark (perhaps to try and add some realism...I'm not sure), but when I use "Vivid" the colors are better and the hazy fog is gone.
                    Give it a shot and let me know if you do find it better. Hope this helps.
                    Of course i tried that.
                    The problem is that everything is dessaturated by say 30-50 %.
                    The vivid "burns" the highlights (e.g. sky) and makes them pure white , whilst at the same time makes the shadows darker.
                    So the problem remains.
                    Only solution is to disable bloom and maybe dof ,but then you lose all the gfx.
                    If instead of disabling bloom and dof ,we could reduse them ,things would have been much better.

Comment

How come games these days are trying to mimic the behavior of a cheap camera instead of human eyes?

Comment

In this case they're not trying to make maps look like real life, but rather a more intense and dynamic version of it. So you get an exaggerated haze from lights and skies, deeper shadows and generally more contrast all round in an attempt to make everything look more interesting.

I think it looks great in most cases. Pretty effects > realism for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
                          How come games these days are trying to mimic the behavior of a cheap camera instead of human eyes?
                          I've seen a few too many games that do go for perfect realism, and most of them are very dull-looking.
                          The short answer might just be: because they can. I'm sure it'll settle down in time, but these things are just now coming onto the scene and everyone wants to play with them.
                          It's a matter of considering the art aspect of game design. Artists have been able to recreate reality for some time now, but that doesn't mean that they have to. Sometimes exaggerated effects can actually help the universe. UT's universe is pretty outlandish, and if it worked too hard to look absolutely real, but had the gameplay, character/wep design and such that it has now, it'd be much harder to suspend disbelief.
                          The exaggerated effects and such let you know that you're in a fantasy world, which opens the door to more outlandish ideas than could be executed otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                            I've seen a few too many games that do go for perfect realism, and most of them are very dull-looking.
                            That's not what I meant, I personally hate realism in game graphics, I'm talking more about how the 'eyes's of the player reacts to light. The way most modern games look, it seems to me they're going for 'reality as seen through a $10 digital camera' with all the exagerated bloom and the sky turning 100% white and all that.
                            It doesn't make me feel like I'm in a fantasy world, it makes me feel like I got something in my eyes.

Comment

By setting DOF and BLOOM false in the .ini
                              For me when I change Bloom to False in the ini. it makes world detail slider go to 1 (so I move slider up to full), then when I exit UT bloom is back at true in the ini. so I change it back to False, then start UT, world detail is back to 1 (so I move slider up to full), then I exit UT and change bloom to False, etc. etc. etc.

Sigh!

Comment

For me when I change Bloom to False in the ini. it makes world detail slider go to 1 (so I move slider up to full), then when I exit UT bloom is back at true in the ini. so I change it back to False, then start UT, world detail is back to 1 (so I move slider up to full), then I exit UT and change bloom to False, etc. etc. etc.
                                Go to section [SystemSettings] and set DetailMode to 0, 1, or 2 before starting the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X