Sniper vs. Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    about hitscan problem. i think it's because there are many jumping rabbits.
    No problem with the noob bunnies.
    They're so predictable you know when and where they'll land when they jump.
    Just throw a pair of rockets at their legs at the suitable moment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    about hitscan problem. i think it's because there are many jumping rabbits.

try to hit with hitscan someone that is moving in circle left/right while aiming (general style from previous UT) every UT veteran is used to it. so it will feel at home. hitscan becomes easier. if someone jumps randomly it's a new pattern that's got to be dealt with. hitscan becomes harder.

i get mad at myself everytime i get killed by a jumping rabbit. because i know that jumping rabbit style is full of flaws because it makes obvious where someone's gonna land. same with link spam or stinger when i'm holding shock or rocket launcher. with a cold head link spam stand no chance against shock.

sometimes noobs are scary. but previous UT style of play will be back and hitscan will be easier . just need some time and punish those rabbits when they jump and everything will be back to normal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Plasma Rifle shots seems wider where Sniper Rifle's little bullet leaves a little hole... so I think Projectile size means that Plasma Rifle is slightly more accurate, despite the fact both are instant scan weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the record, I've never played UT2k4 so I cant compare the current weapons to the ones in that game.

I took a look at my stats and I have 23% kills for the shock rifle and only 2% kills for the sniper. I do use the shock more, but not 11 times as much. I use the sniper at least as much as the stinger or biorifle and my accuracy is defiantly worse with it.

From yall's replies, it looks like not everyone has the same issues with the sniper as I do, so I guess I'm just not very good with it for whatever reason. I think Im gonna try a couple of the suggestions and just try to use it a lot more and see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ive found that its easier to hit when ur zoomed with the sniper, closerange aswell...odd

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spank$hot_BT View Post
    I think this is where we definitely agree. Its just that for me a poor hitscan feel is starting to become a gamebreaker. If hitscan felt good then i wouldn't be so acutely aware of the games other failings and would be extremely happy with this game.
    I'm sure it would be a gamebreaker for me too if I played DM or CTF. But in Warfare (which is the only UT3 gametype I'm really active in) I can spread my effort over vehicles and weapons equally, so that the hitscan doesn't bug me too much. I can imagine that it's a pain for all permanent on-foot players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought something was really...wrong at first with hitscan. Felt wierd etc. But the more i use it the more i like it. I've no idea why it feels different to 2k4 though :S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
    I dislike UT3's hitscan "feel", but I don't have any delay or lag problems.

To sum it up: I can handle the hitscan in UT3 by now, but I really don't like it. :P
    I think this is where we definitely agree. Its just that for me a poor hitscan feel is starting to become a gamebreaker. If hitscan felt good then i wouldn't be so acutely aware of the games other failings and would be extremely happy with this game.

EPIC, PLS FIX SHOCK & SNIPER!!! everything else can stay as is

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
    I have heard it is something dealing with the actual projectile used by shock. Yes, it is a hitscan weapon, but in the game mechanics, it is still a projectile the engine is shooting. For some odd reason, that projectile is causing the lag with the server.
    I hope You are in wrong.
    In UT2004 rifle and primary-shock wasn't "projectiles".
    A modder told me this thing during a creation of a mod shock-based.

Aim at the target, click fire button and the engine read what U are aiming and assign (or not) a valid hit. After that, the engine create the trail (only for shock, until UT3); that's why the trail MAY be placed uncorrect respect the players position.

If these things are changed... isn't a good thing.
    If not, maybe the author of this post has the same mine problem: bad crosshair and/or bad feeling with the sniper firerate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spank$hot_BT View Post
    Show off. Wish i could handle shock like i could in 2K4

Point i was making was the other guy was full of it, with his rox heavy stats,

Interesting how your shock skills are probably as good as your UT2k4 shock skills and that you feel the gameplay is perfect and i think it's somewhat off. mmmm.... Mebbe this queer shock/sniper feeling i get (and some others it seems) is only on certain systems, or mebbe its just me.
    Wasn't supposed to be showing off. ._.

To clearify my point: I think that the general gameplay (which includes all the game mechanics, not only the weapons) is nearly perfect and the weapons in particular work well and are equally balanced. Still I think that the overall "feel" of UT3's weapons is ridiculous, compared to 2k4. God, just go back to 2k4 TAM for some matches and play Shock Rifle only... the ROF, the damage, the sound, the knockback, the Core speed, the beam itself etc. are simply perfect there. And I say that as someone who played UT3 exclusively for weeks. One main factor seems to be the very high walking speed in UT3, it took some time to get used to it because it just feels totally weird and "unreal". The new Shock beam that looks and sounds as if the Rifle would be vomiting doesn't help either. :/ I dislike UT3's hitscan "feel", but I don't have any delay or lag problems.

To sum it up: I can handle the hitscan in UT3 by now, but I really don't like it. :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Esu View Post
    Sniper is fine
    It just you guys so used to 2k4 Easy snipes:P
    This one just needs more accuracy that is why u miss with lag. u need to pin point his head & the hit boxes are smaller than UT2k4:P

& You all suck:P
    Even though your post is illiterate and unhelpful, I have to agree.

UT3 is just a harder game.

Then again this issue could be lag, as said before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sniper is fine
    It just you guys so used to 2k4 Easy snipes:P
    This one just needs more accuracy that is why u miss with lag. u need to pin point his head & the hit boxes are smaller than UT2k4:P

& You all suck:P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this related to the igib's epic wtfness online? lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shock currently DOES haver on line lag.....and it is horrible.

I have confirmed it with numerous heavy 2k4 ONS & DMers.

I have heard it is something dealing with the actual projectile used by shock. Yes, it is a hitscan weapon, but in the game mechanics, it is still a projectile the engine is shooting. For some odd reason, that projectile is causing the lag with the server.

My system:
    AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.9ghz
    8800GTX
    2gb ram

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
    Have mine then...

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3stats....7&type=weapons

Shock ftw. :P I play 2k4 TAM and UT3 WAR equally at the moment and I'm a Shock fanboy in both games. I don't see any problem with the UT3 hitscan in general or the Shock and Sniper Rifle in particular. I still say it's all about adapting, but maybe some people have technical issues that are messing up their hitscan, dunno (although my 40 fps are a technical problem as well :X).
    Show off. Wish i could handle shock like i could in 2K4

Point i was making was the other guy was full of it, with his rox heavy stats,

Interesting how your shock skills are probably as good as your UT2k4 shock skills and that you feel the gameplay is perfect and i think it's somewhat off. mmmm.... Mebbe this queer shock/sniper feeling i get (and some others it seems) is only on certain systems, or mebbe its just me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X