Custom character models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom character models

Can other people see my custom character model online? or just if they've downloaded the same one I have?

i dont know?

Comment

i believe they have to have downloaded the same one. It may even auto-download if you are in a match with them.

Not too many custom models are coming out just yet, as many modders are waiting to be able to add new factions to the game.

*i am not an authority, so don't take my word as law*

Comment

yeah it's just that today i downloaded that bender model, and I was asking if anyone could see it but no one responded. I haven't seen any custom models in-game, but I barely even see the other models that are supplied with the game

Comment

there is a server option to force default models. that could be what your problem is.

try about a dozen different servers (across gametypes), and see if it will show up on any of those. Get on your hoverboard or feign death and see if you appear as the custom model. If you are able to see it, and others are not, i'm willing to bet they need to download it to see it.

Comment

I believe it's just like UT2k4. Only people who have downloaded the model will see it. The only time people will see it otherwise is if the server has the model uploaded to it. The server will then push the model package to everyone, allowing them to see it.

Comment

on some servers, when I use the hoverboard or feign death, I'm the default character. When that happens, I know the server has the custom character option off. but, a lot of times, I can see my custom character, plus one or two other cust chars (that came with the game). but for the most part, everyone uses default.

I was really hoping other people could see the bender character. maybe they'll implement something similar to what they use on track mania to show custom cars. a locator file, or whatever...

Comment

Working...
              X