No announcement yet.

We Need Assault Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invasion and RPG are both out, TAM and Freon are on the way....if you really want Arseault then code it.

Comment

Since this is a revamped UT with added content from UT2004, I would imagine if there ever would be a domination mode, it would be like the original, with maybe a Vehical spinoff mode too.

Warfare is incredible now, though I would like too see Assault, since it is a nice game mode, especially if your playing at a LAN.

Comment

You guys need to realize The concept of "Depreciation".
        The more people use a product, the less interested they will get. Video games are no exception. It is therefore normal that less and less people will play UT2004 overtime.
        Saying that not many people play assault or bombing run to validate their inclusion UT3 is being noob, irresponsible .
        When UT2004 was new during the first 2 years, more people played Assault than even warfare in UT3. I remember that Onslaught used to have at least 1450 servers at any given time.

It is just Irresponsible to compare UT3 a new game VS UT2004 a so old game.
        As a matter of fact, UT2004 did better than UT3 and is still have more players than UT3 as of today.

Comment

WTF, are yah talkin about, racing type of assault maps. i aint talkin about modded maps yah morons im talkin about the OFFICIAL ASSAULT MAPS!!!!!

CONVEY
          MOTHERSHIP
          FALLENCITY
          etc

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze187 View Post
            WTF, are yah talkin about, racing type of assault maps. i aint talkin about modded maps yah morons im talkin about the OFFICIAL ASSAULT MAPS!!!!!

CONVEY
            MOTHERSHIP
            FALLENCITY
            etc
            Because Soon as assault gets implanted,the noob mappers only make racing or trial maps because they cannot do better.
            So then we end up with 100`s of servers running that mode instead.

And next time don`t be calling us morons.

[edit]oh yeah assault can be done now if the mappers wanted to using war stuff,i guess it`s not the same as an official gametype but it`s better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze187 View Post

CONVEY
              MOTHERSHIP
              FALLENCITY
              etc
              even without mods from the start, UT2004 As had more players than warefar.
              It seems you to have never played ut2004 obviously. When mods came out, people played less and less the 3 default maps you stated.

By the way, how can you compare the number of players played in only 3 maps from ut2004 to UT3 warfar that has many maps. you have to include all modes to make a fair comparison.

Comment

Well mods aside, the game still has the ****-poor limitation of not being able to change your nick in online play. This means that there is one of every name out there, and that's not right. What are the odds that two people with the exact same nick would play on the same server at the same time? Slim to nothing. I also despise this login system in general, because ten years from now when the login server is gone, we may not be able to play UT3. Games requiring online servers of some kind are destined to fade away. I find it amusing that I can still do a stock install of Doom or Hexen and play in XP on the LAN using IPX with no issues, aside from no sound and some of the best games of all time cannot be played online, such as Lords of Magic.

Comment

Its all the same story repeating from ut2k3. Ppl complained about the lack of AS there. Modders modded it in. Then Epic modded it in ut2k4(majorly screwing the unofficial AS mod team)

And then in ut2k4 noone played it, but a trial and race players. Same here again. Really, Epic should either leave it or make some official race/trial maps instead of spending time on, should i say, unpopular gametype. Especially as they have yet a lot of fixing to do in the existing game.

edited: sorry for flaming, but couldnt resist watching history repeat itself.

Comment

Well I see claims of AS, BR, and DDOM not being played, but I always found servers to play on, with humans. Hell, there for a while I was playing at all hours of the day, and night. Driving a truck back then allowed me to choose when I wanted to play, and I even found people on at say, 4am. The only thing that drew me away from those modes, was the Red Orchestra mod, which is probably the best WWII mod I have ever played. Just because you chose empty servers doesn't mean there weren't full ones though.

Comment

Working...
                    X