We Need Assault Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Need Assault Mode

hey Mark i love Epic, but this is a big disappointment not implementing assault mode with assault maps.(different maps from the other modes.)

seriously man even if you gave up on pc and trying to concentrate more on the ps3, dont leave us hanging.

at least for the fans that really followed you guys through and put money in your pockets by buying your products can you at least give us ASSAULT MODE with ASSAULT MAPS just like ut2k4.

if you guys are gonna be lazy about it, convert assault mode and the maps from ut2k4 for ut3 pc. and the modders can use that as a tool to make more assault maps.**** man

this game really feels stripped.

can you please update so modders can do custom factions.
    so we can get better textures and graphics, something we should have already have gotten without a patch...dammit epic...dammmit

hmm not many ppl played Assault Mode tbh.
    It`s was always them stupid race maps ect.

Tbh i would rather have the fixes and dom(orig ut one),than Assault Mode where few players seem to play it anyway.

Comment

@ T@F

Yeah, its hilarious to see so many 2k4 fanbois complain about bombing run taken out, especially when i NEVER saw any servers online for it.

As far as assault, I miss it, but there are mods being developed to add it back in. What has always hurt assault is the lack of maps. There have never really been more than 10 shipped with the game.

I 2nd and 3rd the call for domination, as that is a great mode. There is someone working on a mod for it, but it would be nice to have official Epic content.

Comment

assault? whatever. Trial and race maps? gimmy!!!

Comment

Does screaming out for Mark Rein ever work?

I think I'm going to yell his name as loud as I can right now and see if his head pops out from the doorway.

*Edit: It worked! Now I can't get him to leave. He won't stop playing COD4.

Comment

Forget that,lets get a PS3 patch asap!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
              Does screaming out for Mark Rein ever work?
              sure it does. In 2 weeks he will respond.

Comment

Mark Rein already responded on the cries for Assault.

Assault mode was a very popular game mode, will it ever see an (official) light of day in UT3?
                "Not officially but if mod teams want to tackle it they're more than welcome."

Entire question and answer set can be found here: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/ar...questions.html

Comment

UT99 style Assault would be awesome.but not that ut2004 racing type.

Comment

I miss Domination, Assault, and Bombing Run. I never had a problem finding a good game of any of them, in UT99 or UT03/04. I got sick of DM/TDM quickly, especially instagib. Not only that, but now the only unique games we have are VCTF and War (Onslaught). Every other game on the face of the earth since Doom has had DM and TDM. UT3 is now so much more like every other game out there.

Comment

Originally posted by T@F View Post
                      hmm not many ppl played Assault Mode tbh.
                      It`s was always them stupid race maps ect.

Tbh i would rather have the fixes and dom(orig ut one),than Assault Mode where few players seem to play it anyway.
                      More people Play assault than VCTF in UT3
                      http://www.game-monitor.com

Right now the priority is to answer all the "fans Prayers" in order to save the game. Saying that this mod is not good, not many play it, broken blah blah blah cannot do any good

If I were Epic, I would includes all modes, popular or not, from the first UT to the Last one. That way, Everybody can choose what he/she likes, there would be less complains. The game has hundreds of mods and this the success of it.

This is why Halflife is so successfull. They occupied the 2 places of the most played FPS in all time.
                      COD4 did a very very good job. Just a month after release, COD4 the third most played FPS after Halflife derivatives (CS, Halflife DM)
                      I'm enjoying cod4 until some good updates come by

Comment

from http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/ar...questions.html

"Assault mode was a very popular game mode, will it ever see an (official) light of day in UT3?
                        Not officially but if mod teams want to tackle it they're more than welcome."

wrong way at the curent game-time most ego-shooters have a mission-based gameplay and ut3 let them fall down. (my opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by madafaka View Post
                          More people Play assault than VCTF in UT3
                          http://www.game-monitor.com

Right now the priority is to answer all the "fans Prayers" in order to save the game. Saying that this mod is not good, not many play it, broken blah blah blah cannot do any good

If I were Epic, I would includes all modes, popular or not, from the first UT to the Last one. That way, Everybody can choose what he/she likes, there would be less complains. The game has hundreds of mods and this the success of it.

This is why Halflife is so successfull. They occupied the 2 places of the most played FPS in all time.
                          COD4 did a very very good job. Just a month after release, COD4 the third most played FPS after Halflife derivatives (CS, Halflife DM)
                          I'm enjoying cod4 until some good updates come by
                          Hmm well i check that site guess what only a few playing,as all the other servers was empty.
                          yet ppl stil play trials and racing ones lol
                          http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/808/testaa4.jpg

I`m not knocking assault at all as i love that type of gameplay but for every one full server there was 20 trials-racing ones.
                          I would rather have orig dom,as i reckon we would have more players at least playing it.

Comment

AS isn't as dead as people say it is
                            it sure is more dead then DM, TDM, iCTF or TAM
                            but those allways did beter

but why did epic say warfare was a AS and ONS crossing ?
                            i mean i just see nothing back from AS only a modded ONS version

AS was cool cause you had 2 teams agains eatchother and you could not get around eatchother while the ONS/WAR maps are so big you can easly go around the other team whitout them knowing your there
                            AS was cool cause you realy needed to push the other team back (or get fast past them) i don't see anything from it back in WAR (so they just lied)

Comment

+1 (n.t.)

(n.t.) means no text

Comment

Working...
                              X