[PS3-MODS] - New Delivery Method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3-MODS] - New Delivery Method?

Excuse me If this has been adressed allready but can't find it. I'm totally overwhelmed by the amount of mods/maps/etc for UT3 out allready and I can only see this grow and grow. Though I have only the PS3 version so if I want to import any of the maps I have to do so 1by1. Which is a real hassle for me cause my PS3 is in another room and I dont have quick acces to a memory stick (usb slot problem)

Any chance we could see a PS3 patch where this method is refined in order to be able to import multiple things at the same time? If so that would help a lot!

That and splitscreen patch for PS3 would be the 2 things that would make me one happy puppy

Anyone know?

a little help hopefully

did you try using the ps3 browser? i know you will still have to download one at a time but if you go to ut3mods.com the ps3 links will be there and instructions to.good luck hope this helped you

Comment

I am willing to bet that a really simple solution would be for someone (maybe even Epic themselves) to write up a little program that can take a bunch of PS3 mod files, and merge them into one userdata.jam.

How awesome would it be if you could just DL all the maps you were interested in, have the program merge them into one file, and stick that on your PS3? People could start hosting mega map packs, and so on. It won't change the situation of not being able to DL a map from in-game, but it's a start.

Comment

A patch to allow any *.JAM file to be imported would fix this problem easily. If we didn't need to name all the mods userdata.jam we could have a theoretically unlimited number of mods on the PS3.

Comment

or if we could select the folder, we could just make folder 1, folder 2, etc. That would solve it too.

Comment

^last 2 posts make good points.

Seems like it would have been more logical to have it set up that way in the first place, but I'm pretty weary about complaining about the mods. It's cool to have it on the PS3 in the first place.

Comment

Working...
            X