Fix your server History (tempfix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix your server History (tempfix)

I don't know if this is around or not but I just found out by fukin around with the ini's.

open your UTGame.ini and search " GameSearchHistory " you will find some #'s that identify servers (your favorites is right under it).

History stops working cause epic was smart enough to not make it overwrite and when the slots run out it just stops working and displaying.... or some ****.

ANY WAY just delete all lines under
    [UTGame.UTDataStore_GameSearchHistory]

I have my history back and can add servers to favorites now keep on fragging on

Wow! Fantastic, thank you

Comment

I hope this works and doesn't stuff up my UT3.

Edit: For me, it worked for a while but then my connection to servers just drops out. I can't even search for servers as no servers come up. It's got nothing to do with my connection. I'm just going to go back to the default settings.

Comment

It does work, but you have to do it each time you've visited 9 servers or more, since the code is bugged for slot 9.

Comment

Then it's called a temporary fix, not the miraculous solution that you seem to suggest that it is. IIRC there was a similar 'fix' whereby you delete or change one line. This isn't much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
            It does work, but you have to do it each time you've visited 9 servers or more, since the code is bugged for slot 9.
            True did it for ages, got tired of doing it over n over again...

Comment

yep..i'm fixing it now..thanks...hopefully epic will release a much needed patch soon..

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                Then it's called a temporary fix, not the miraculous solution that you seem to suggest that it is. IIRC there was a similar 'fix' whereby you delete or change one line. This isn't much different.
                it is just a temp fix. till epic does something for us. You will have to delete each time it fills up.

I posted this so people could get servers on their favorites, not to perm fix history list. that was the point in my post. Where do you get "miraculous solution" suggested from? dont be a **** im just trying to help.

Comment

Yeah, I hope this glitch is at the top of their to-do list... unacceptable :-(

Comment

WickeD, I appreciate the effort you went to in making this thread. In fact, my previous reply was not directed towards you anyway. It was directed to the '****' as you put it, who reported me for alleged personal abuse on the internet (oh the irony). As an aside, I am pleased to let that '****' know that nothing happened.

Comment

I'm just not playing as much because I don't like having to go through all these hoops just to get the game to work right, and quite frankly its frustrated me enough to lose my patience I usually have to make neccessary tweaks.

I'll just wait till Epic decides to fix the broken server history and my inability to add any favorites.

Thanks anyhow though Wicked

Comment

Really.. if it's these sort of issues that are keeping people from playing the game, then you guys need to go play COD4, because then you just aren't a real UT fan. Anyone who likes the game, will do everything to make it work.

Comment

Thank you for your work. It finally works here.

Comment

Working...
                          X