Will there be another MSUC for UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be another MSUC for UT3?

Simple question: Will there be another Make Something Unreal Contest for UT3? It's been in previous UT games but I haven't heard anything about it this time around for UT3. I'm asking because it will make the difference as to if I continue making content for UT3 or switching to a competitor product or my own projects. I will assume the answer is a no if there is no evidence or official comment of another MSUC coming up.

wasnt it like a year or more after the release of ut2k4 before the MSUC was held?

Comment

MSUC was going on before ut2k4 even came out. The first phases were only ut2k3 mods, and then it later switched to ut2k4.

I highly doubt there will be another MSUC, but I have no reason for thinking that except that I find it unlikely they'd find a title sponsor for it.

Comment

Why not? It would bring out the most talented people.

Comment

I'd really like someone from Epic to weigh in on this. The silence is very annoying. I know they're busy, but please type a 1 minute reply to me or something. I know Mark has been out answering questions and this is one I still haven't seen any answer to.

It's not like I started mapping yesterday. I don't want to toot my own horn here, but I'm getting good enough at mapping that my latest project rivals stock maps. UT3 has a small install base so an MSUC would keep me around, but until I know of it coming I'm seriously thinking of switching to some other engines or my own. I'm not trying to be mean--I like to plan all my projects ahead of time.

Comment

Working...
          X