deleting mods/mutators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting mods/mutators

is there a way to delete mutators from your system? ...i went to my content ..but i dont see anything

If you are referring to "downloaded" PC mutators and mods you will need to remove them from your "Cache" folder located at My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Cache. To remove a specific file open the "Cache.ini" file and look for the file name and then the corresponding numeric name and delete the file by locating the numeric named file.

If you are talking about PS3... sorry I have no clue.

If you are talking about the ones you personally installed.... you should have remembered where you put them.

Comment

PS3 is easy ... go to community, My content, and then highlight the content you no longer want and press the square button and blammo all gone.

PC is easy to since all you custom content should be in the correct folders. Just delete the files out of the folders and no more mutator.

But you need to explain what you mean a little better just so that people can be sure they are giving you the correct info.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheSnake126 View Post
        is there a way to delete mutators from your system? ...i went to my content ..but i dont see anything
        i want to be able to use the mutators ive downloaded online in offline play.
        they are in .UXX file format and not like what you install from
        a manual download. anyone have any ideas?

Comment

I dunno if this works, but if you read the cache file (PC only) it tells you which combination of words and letters mean what.

Well, i didn't test mods, but it works for maps easily

Just change the name for the file like this:

The map was impasse

in cache it was something like this: ab3t5h2n7j3.uxx

i changed it to this:

CTF-Impasse.ut3

and then i put it into the maps folder and played it till my heart was content

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
            PS3 is easy ... go to community, My content, and then highlight the content you no longer want and press the square button and blammo all gone.

PC is easy to since all you custom content should be in the correct folders. Just delete the files out of the folders and no more mutator.

But you need to explain what you mean a little better just so that people can be sure they are giving you the correct info.
            Hm. I wish we had a similar option as the ps3 users. Not that going into folders is difficult, but I'd rather not have to every time I want to clean out my betas =P

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
              Hm. I wish we had a similar option as the ps3 users. Not that going into folders is difficult, but I'd rather not have to every time I want to clean out my betas =P
              on the PC side, generally someone will make a cache cleaner that can be used to auto convert the files to proper names by reading the cache file and moving the files to the appropriate directories.. might get done for the PS3, as well.

Comment

lol best way for PC (or PS3 for that matter, since they are downloaded on a computer anyhow) is to choose "save as" rather than "open". Keep them in a folder called "UT3 AddOns" or similar and back it up on disc when you have enough. I have over 3 GB in downloaded content, stuff downloading all that again when you have to reformat or your hard drive bites the bullet! hmmm and some people say this game is a rip-off. 3GB of added value in 2 months, bloody good value if you ask me. Thanks to the mighty mappers/modders/beta testers

Comment

Working...
                X