Wake up PS3 players!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake up PS3 players!!!

Don'T any of you got the new maps or what?
    I host a game and no one comes and play.
    What the heck?? I didn'T know the UT3 PS3 community was going to be so lame

Please get the mods and play them, cause that's what UT is all about.

i know what you are saying man,ever since i got ut3 for ps3 no one has any mods or doesn't host a game with mods. so i figure i would make a match making forum for those who downloaded mutators but no one seems to be not participating,heres the forum topic (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598654) please people you make the game and the game doesn't make you

Comment

I'm also annoyed that no1 plays on custom maps. You can't blame the ps3 users though.

We NEED automatic map downloading. If games like CS couldn't automatically download maps not as much people would play classic maps like pool day, rats, and much more.

The makers of this game need to understand that no one feels like having to quit a game to get some map running on a server, by the time they get it it might change to another freakin map!

Comment

well the problem is most ps3 ut3 players dont have usb flash drives....dont ask me why but when I ask some people have they downloaded that cool mod map....always the same answer "not yet I dont have a usb drive"

Comment

Yeah I've tried hosting some games with new maps too. I usually get one person to join after about 20 minutes, and he will quit in about 5 minutes if no one else joins or if he doesn't kill me every time. It's hard to get one going.

Just imagine if people could use PC servers to host PS3 games though. It would be much better because not many people seem to want to leave their PS3 on for days on end running a dedicated UT3 server. I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega-Dragun View Post
            well the problem is most ps3 ut3 players dont have usb flash drives....dont ask me why but when I ask some people have they downloaded that cool mod map....always the same answer "not yet I dont have a usb drive"
            If that's the reason, OH COME ON! They could get usb flashdrives for like 10 bucks with 512mb

Comment

Originally posted by realun View Post
              I'm also annoyed that no1 plays on custom maps. You can't blame the ps3 users though.

We NEED automatic map downloading. If games like CS couldn't automatically download maps not as much people would play classic maps like pool day, rats, and much more.

The makers of this game need to understand that no one feels like having to quit a game to get some map running on a server, by the time they get it it might change to another freakin map!
              I HAVE MADE SO MANY THREADS ASKING EPIC.

Yet, no response I am sure if I make another thread they will ban me, but you know what I am going to bump it!.

Comment

well... don't expect new content online until redirect download issue is solved....

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra-Ben27 View Post
                  Don'T any of you got the new maps or what?
                  I host a game and no one comes and play.
                  What the heck?? I didn'T know the UT3 PS3 community was going to be so lame

Please get the mods and play them, cause that's what UT is all about.
                  Even with automatic downloads i will still play on dedicated servers only. I really don't enjoy games where one guy has an advantage over all the other players, which is what your room will be like.

Comment

Hm.

Epic are made up of smart, talented people.

They won't let this community fail. Maybe we will get cross-platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                      Hm.

Epic are made up of smart, talented people.

They won't let this community fail. Maybe we will get cross-platform.
                      I Wish. But the how will the gameplay work? Will PS3 players have to run at 60fps? or will the PC users slow down to 30 fps?

Comment

Its kind of funny (in a sad way). The last few times I had some fun games online with the maps, but I got tired of people voting on maps they dont have. So if its going to be basically myself, Ill just set up instant action. Its not too big of a deal to me, i like offline play (and love those maps modders... thanks), but I support you guys. Its a problem as well for those that cant get the maps or dont know how when custom maps get voted for. I imagine its just as frustrating for them having to constantly find new servers as it is for us to play practically alone.

BTW, I do try to vote for default maps over custom for the very reason described. Its not fair for them (unless of course the server is set mostly for custom maps, then its their own problem).

Oh, another point. In light of this and as a community, why dont we make it a little more clear which servers are running mods? People have to stop setting map cycles with 8 or so default maps and 1-2 custom. Thats when these issues happen the most.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_cries View Post
                          Its kind of funny (in a sad way). The last few times I had some fun games online with the maps, but I got tired of people voting on maps they dont have. So if its going to be basically myself, Ill just set up instant action. Its not too big of a deal to me, i like offline play (and love those maps modders... thanks), but I support you guys. Its a problem as well for those that cant get the maps or dont know how when custom maps get voted for. I imagine its just as frustrating for them having to constantly find new servers as it is for us to play practically alone.

BTW, I do try to vote for default maps over custom for the very reason described. Its not fair for them (unless of course the server is set mostly for custom maps, then its their own problem).

Oh, another point. In light of this and as a community, why dont we make it a little more clear which servers are running mods? People have to stop setting map cycles with 8 or so default maps and 1-2 custom. Thats when these issues happen the most.

All of your problems would be rectified with having maps automatic updates.

4+ maps a week and I am sure people wouldn't mind. I think when Mark posted about the first PS3 user content that should of been automatic.

It really kills the whole expirience when someone throws up a new version of a beta map that I have and I get kicked out.

Comment

Man, are there any specific PS3 threads to let people who have the maps know when to hop on and play? I mean, the pure servers are cool but I wanna get big matches on 'The Perfect Temple' and 'Night In the Park', and uhm...'Downpour.' Last time I hosted a game with mad maps on it nobody came, it was just me and bots so I left. I usually host matches with one of the 3rd person mutators, color control, drop it all, gibalicious, and maybe one more I forget...

Comment

Originally posted by Omegasyde View Post
                              All of your problems would be rectified with having maps automatic updates.

4+ maps a week and I am sure people wouldn't mind. I think when Mark posted about the first PS3 user content that should of been automatic.

It really kills the whole expirience when someone throws up a new version of a beta map that I have and I get kicked out.
                              Your right, this would solve it all. I was just reading that thread btw. But something should be done for now. I personally think Epic are already looking into what they can do, so I was just sharing and decided to suggest what we can do for now (or just raise awareness).

Couldnt we also give a site address on servers running these maps so people will know where to go to get them? Again, just a temporary solution, but better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X