Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gagging for UT3 on PS3 - UK

Hey all,
    Iv been drooling over UT3 for a while now and im sick of looking for a reliable release date. It's gotten to the point now where i give in, im starting to wonder if a US copy would work on my UK PS3?
    I suspect i wont be getting any fast online games though without any EU servers

Any info would be much appreciated ... god it sucks being english.

thanks in advance.

Hey there, i live in the UK myself and bought a US copy a while back, its works perfectly in my ps3.
    As for online, you will realy only get lagg if you join the high ping servers, and there are some people in the uk already hosting dedicated servers so there is always a good game to play.

Comment

www.movietyme.com - Just got mine, love it.

I hope Epic do a better job than Infinity Ward are doing with Call of Duty 4 however because the US and EU servers are split in CoD4 and the game directs you to servers based on the DISC and not the console locale. So I am only able to play on US servers which is lag inducing.

There is a shameful lack of games on UT3 online so far, and any ping over 150 is not even worth playing. A terrible shame for someone who has loved every UT game so far.

I imagine patches will be coming to sort some of this out, but the game is worth having. And import is dirt cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSpecial- View Post
        Hey there, i live in the UK myself and bought a US copy a while back, its works perfectly in my ps3.
        As for online, you will realy only get lagg if you join the high ping servers, and there are some people in the uk already hosting dedicated servers so there is always a good game to play.
        How van you tell when there are UK servers?

Also, could someone please tell me what the Unreal logo in the server flag column is? Ain't in the manual..

Comment

Originally posted by nailerr View Post

Also, could someone please tell me what the Unreal logo in the server flag column is? Ain't in the manual..
          Unreal logo in the server list means it's Pure Unreal Tournament Server (without any mutators etc)

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicGOD View Post
            Unreal logo in the server list means it's Pure Unreal Tournament Server (without any mutators etc)
            Ah, makes sense that. I actually mistook Pure Server to mean a dedicated server, but then I have only had a chance to play a few hours so far.

I'm still a tad worried that the import version will end up like Call of Duty 4 in which I am unable to play EU servers (such as with my friends) because the server selection is based on the game disc rather than console settings. But then again I've never felt let down by Epic, and I've been playing since Jazz Jackrabbit. I seriously hope their dedication makes it into this new console era.

Comment

Thnx for the feedback guys,

If the servers are seperates through the disk then just rent an EU version when its released and switch the disks mate

Comment

Originally posted by nailerr View Post

well i can tell because uk servers usualy have either CG (console gaming ) or uk in the name.

Comment

Working...
                X