Online PC Multiplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online PC Multiplay

How many people are generally online on the PC version?
    Are there enough populated servers?

I played the demo and can't get into any servers because they either have a ping of 2500, 0, or are full....
    Not like that in the full game, correct?
    (I'm in California)

Also, how good does one have to be in order to play well online? (compared to Bots). IE: What rank should I be able to achieve at the end of a round with how many of what level bots on what map?

On heatray I can consistently score 2nd or 3rd with 15 Adept bots in Deathmatch (FFA). Good enough?

If I don't go with UT3, i'll prob end up buying Crysis or possibly COD4, but whatever I buy, its mainly for the multiplayer.

(Also, I have an 8800GTX and 2GB RAM and an e6600, so processing power isn't an issue , even for Crysis)

Thanks!
    Dev

Well, the online numbers aren't great, but depending on your location, you may or may not have a problem finding low ping populated servers. If you want to check out the online numbers you can check at various sites,

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=ut3

http://www.serverspy.net/

I can not say anything of the accuracy of the above, but it's something to go on, and they generally are around the same figure. They generally vary from anywhere between 150 - 1200 people.

Don't worry to much about how good you are, the best way is to go online and play, you will only get better the more you play against real people.

Comment

yeah that's good enough for online. Although against some people you may find yourself very average

I can't speak to US population but euro is doing fine

Comment

No trouble finding a match in Cali. (Happy Hour, Void's, Ratman's, Midnight gamers usually have someone on or someone will join before the round's over.) Though I'll say that the amount of populated servers is what I thought it would be. Peeps don't spread out as much not being able to see exactly who's on a server, so the ones that have peeps have more than enough.

As for skill level. You'll probably hold your own but, there'll always be someone that can slap ya around like a ******. Just consider that motivation.

Save your pennies and get Crysis too. Watch Fry's adds they had UT3 for $40 not to long ago.

Comment

Get UT3.

In deathmatch you will do well enough to get started but dont expect to be the top player for a few more months. Seriously, UT3 needs everyone it can get.

Comment

Yeah dude, I was skeptical over getting UT3 because of all the negative feedback its been getting, but I got it on Wednesday and man, am I glad I did. This is the most awesome thing ever. I'm in Southern California, and just sort the browser list by ping and you'll find some really really fast servers with many people on them too. Good stuff. Add me as a friend if you want, my name is the same as my name here, BlaenkDenum.

Comment

Awww...****... lol, I had JUST decided on Crysis when i checked this thread. XD

Well, UT3 it is (or may be :P), I'll prob. see u guys online soon!

Thanx,
              Dev

Comment

I know it's a bit off topic, but, how can I add servers to the favorites list? I'm used to playing UT 99 and it's a simple right click jobbie.

Comment

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Crysis...UT3....Crysis...UT3..... XD

Can't decide!

Comment

Get both

Comment

Originally posted by Devgru38 View Post
                      GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Crysis...UT3....Crysis...UT3..... XD

Can't decide!
                      Crysis: Raping your machine mercilessly.

UT3: Old school shooter enjoyment.

I know which I'd pick.

Comment

ive got both spent about 12 hrs playing crysis and hundreds playing ut3.... will crysis give u new levels every week? will u play thru crysis and then it will collect dust? Mine will.... Loved farcry finished it... didnt play it again and i cant see crysis being much different

Comment

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                          ive got both spent about 12 hrs playing crysis and hundreds playing ut3.... will crysis give u new levels every week? will u play thru crysis and then it will collect dust? Mine will.... Loved farcry finished it... didnt play it again and i cant see crysis being much different
                          You do have a very good point there... but the sandbox could provide hours of fun... as well as the multiplayer. Its just deathmatch, but then again I like the overall feel of the weapons, etc, so I think it would be a good new standard.

And who knows, mb it will be fun to play w/ physics in powerstruggle.... Sit on the side of a road and pop someone's tires .

As far as raping my machine? My machine can handle it .

UT3... Well... I'm not sure how much I really like twich gaming... I mean, the possibility of me getting bored of it quickly IS there, and if there are few players now, that number will only get smaller :P

Tough, TOUGH decision (edit: and yes, it does have to be made, at least for now).

Comment

Working...
                          X