Im new to these forums, and UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im new to these forums, and UT3

hey whats up community. long story short, im a ps3 gamer, just jumped into ut3 and am loving it. i hope this is a good community, and i am eagerly waiting for the patch to fix the problems with the mics. if anyone wants to just chat my aim is brandonk129, and my psn id is tailgunnerkeeney.

WELCOME FELLOW FRAGGER!!!!!

Hopefully cross-platform will get enabled so we can kill each other. But until then, i'm killin ya in spirit bro

Comment

lol, thanks for the warm welcome. that would be great if pc people can play ps3 people, and even xbox people! that would actually make ut3 extremely popular because its the first game to do that! so what game modes do you pc users usually play? and do u use mics alot, and do they work? ps3s mics dont work, not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by brandonk129 View Post
        lol, thanks for the warm welcome. that would be great if pc people can play ps3 people, and even xbox people! that would actually make ut3 extremely popular because its the first game to do that! so what game modes do you pc users usually play? and do u use mics alot, and do they work? ps3s mics dont work, not yet.
        Eh, don't really use mics, mainly cause PC ingame voice is kinda broke. I have come across a few servers that use Ventrilo (a voice chat program) to talk.

I play all modes. Usually I play more vCTF and Warfare. Of course, if they would put a Scavanger in more levels, I would be a lot happier

Half the time I end up mapping instead of playing. Who knows, mebbe you will play one sometime (if i ever get one finished), and you can say... HEY I KNOW THAT A$$HOLE!!!

*also there has been official chatter about enabling cross-platform in a later patch. but nothing official has been announced

Comment

hi brandon k welcome to the UT3 family

Comment

thanks. it would be great for me to frag all the pc users. so what mode is most popular on pc? dm then tdm? im assuming, please correct me if im wrong.

Comment

i love tdm and dm brandon but seems warfare is most popular ill find ya the poll http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598500 . That should answer ya question [EDIT] Unfortunately there is no cross platform (PS3 and PC on same server) so you wont be fragging any pc users as yet

Comment

wow warfare was on top, suprisising. ill be playing loads more warfare when the mics work, cross fingers!

Comment

Th gameplay between PC and consoles is too different. Consoles are roughly 20% slower to accommodate the controller.

Sony and MS are direct competitors, so I wouldn't expect they'd be keen on people being able to cross-play; on top of that, the PS3 network is wide-open (or in other words, probably crawling with viruses and malware) and I don't think MS will be too excited about exposing their network to that, via stuff downloaded when joining a server or such.

Comment

you think so? but i heard it was very possible.

Comment

Epic has stated that there nothing preventing it, but certification on content for consoles prevents updating the titles like they have the flexibility to do on PC, so the stumbling blocks are still there. Cross platform PC/Console has been done with SHADOWRUN. Still, not the place, but Keyboard/Mouse vs Controller is still the biggest problem. There is just no comparison.

Ultimately, welcome to the community. Just take everything here with a grain of salt, you may be new, but remember that many of us have been a part of the UT community for over 8 years, and with a long term love or obsession the opinions are varied and some extremely passionate...which is why you see a lot of "absolutes" thrown around...and a lot of strong opinions on every side and every issue around the game.

Ultimately, the frustrating thing with all the vets and strong opinions about the game is that you have a faction of players the legitemately don't like the game or have legitemate beefs with it that feel that they have to come to forums like these thinking that they convince those of us that play and enjoy that we SHOULDN'T like or play the game. Well, I speak also from an 8 year Unreal Vet perspective...the series has had it's ups and downs, but I love UT3. Yep, a lot of the gripes are legit, but almost none of them are really gameplay related. The game top to bottom is solid as hell and fun. The UI is a problem and there are technical issues and mis-steps from Epic and Midway outside of the actual gameplay and mechanics itself. But as soon as the countdown starts and the match is underway, we're still dealing with a top class FPS.

Just have fun.

Comment

thanks for the essay. i also love ut3, but i really am eager to make the mics work. its the only problem really

Comment

Working...
                        X