I Would Like To Extend A Thank You...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Would Like To Extend A Thank You...

I am seeing a lot of bickering going on in the forums regarding user created maps. More specifically user created maps being cooked for the PS3 or not. I myself am a PS3 user and do enjoy every map that is made available to me and any other PS3 users. All the hard work and time that is put into to making any maps for UT3 is greatly appreciated. Even maps that aren't made available for the PS3, I have no ill will towards the maker because I understand that is your creation and you may do what you like with it, and thats fine by me. Mostly I am impressed with the mod makers of this community. The stuff that you guys are able to do and come up with is fantastic. And I must say I'm a little jealous that I can't try my hand at the map making seeing as I don't have the PC version, but I would love to. All in all I'd hate to see this strong community fall apart or get separated between PC and PS3 over this bickering. So I whole heartedly thank any modders who offer us PS3 users there content and the same thank you goes out to the ones who don't. Since your adding new content and freshness to the game and its players, PS3 or not. I can't be mad at that.

Well said
    but tbh no matter what they do,they still cannot please everyone.
    Some come on here just to whine anyway.

Comment

Or how about the flamers that come here just to constantly post "this game is a piece of ****" or "UT2k4 is better"

I don't know what ppl's issues are. Every time Epic comes out with a new engine, this happens. Same deal with 2k3 as it is with UT3, though 2k3 was waaaay worse.

That being said, this is the first UT since 99 that I have started seriously getting into. More maps/mutators/mods will come out soon, so content isn't that big of a deal. My only issues are the lack of team balancing, and the fact that there is NO anti-cheat protection whatsoever. It calls into question how many people in the top 100 are actually just hackers.

Comment

Originally posted by NedroidicusPrime View Post
        Or how about the flamers that come here just to constantly post "this game is a piece of ****" or "UT2k4 is better. Same deal with 2k3 as it is with UT3, ..."
        Agreed! The same with the flamers that posted "this game is a piece of ****" or "UT99 is better", when UT2003 was released...
        though 2k3 was waaaay worse.
        Oh hold on, wait, ...
        That being said, this is the first UT since 99 that I have started seriously getting into.
        I see where you're getting at

Comment

Originally posted by T@F View Post
          Well said
          but tbh no matter what they do,they still cannot please everyone.
          Some come on here just to whine anyway.
          I really see nothing to whine about...but yeah..you cant please everyone...lol

Comment

What people need to realize is that it takes a lot of time to build these phenomenal levels in UT3. I am just getting into it, and looking at the stock maps, I gotta say i'm impressed. Epic not only made a killer engine (though there are a couple things that need fixed), but they also created some of the best maps for all standard gametypes in any game out there.

What will most likely happen is a UT3.5 that will have all the additional content that people are looking for (Assult, Domination, Maps, etc).

Of course, many of the best maps come from the community. Heck, I just learned that my fav DM of all time Morpheus was user created and added into the bonus back of UT99.

Comment

bump........

Comment

wow what an eloquent thank you... puts mine to shame thats for sure lol. Its sad to see that not everything is being released for the ps3 but great to see most is. Feel a bit guilty having the editor i havent really used, when the ps3 peeps are crying out for one lol. Just enjoying the game and brilliant custom maps atm and its stealing enough time off my gf already lol I hope to one day do something with it and yerh nedroidicus prime, i hate seeing ppl ripped into "this map is *****" and the like by people whove never even tried to make one (like me lol). you just wish u could reach into the screen and slap them.

Comment

yeah i wish i had the editor..b/c i would love to make maps..or at least try....and i hear ya about "stealing enough time from my gf"....except with me its my wife..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tempermentalist View Post
                    yeah i wish i had the editor..b/c i would love to make maps..or at least try....and i hear ya about "stealing enough time from my gf"....except with me its my wife..lol
                    Hahaha, any time you can get stolen away from your wife is good (unless it prevents you from getting some)

The editor is waay worth it. Even if you never play the game on the PC, making maps (or at least attempting to) is loads of fun.

Comment

oh it has crossed my mind just to go ahead and buy the game so i can get the editor and put some work in on some maps....hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Tempermentalist View Post
                        oh it has crossed my mind just to go ahead and buy the game so i can get the editor and put some work in on some maps....hmmm...
                        I'm sorry to say, but it's worth it. I have a thread devoted to the fact that I have problems deciding to use the editor or just playing the game.

Comment

bit rough paying for one game twice lol

Comment

and that is the exact reason i havent done it..lol

Comment

Well, you aren't buying the 2nd copy for the game, but for the editor. I guess i'm too much of a literalist

Comment

Working...
                              X