No announcement yet.

Which is the best gaming PC brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also go with the assembled machine it really works better at lowest price.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
      http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...id=966&subcat=

Can anyone give me a verdict on this machine? What kind of performance could I expect on highest settings?
      Thats not a bad buy would go for that if i did not have most of it already.

To know how it would perform need to what OS your gonna run on it.

Comment

There is no best brand. The best way is to order parts and build your rig yourself.

Comment

I bought an Ibuypower, they just recently gave me a free physics upgrade and a new fan, just because I brought it in for a check up. If anything goes wrong, they will fix it, I really enjoy being an ibuypower customer, ty ibuypower for all the free stuff and free advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect_Dark View Post
            Thats not a bad buy would go for that if i did not have most of it already.
            I actually received that computer this morning, and enjoyed several matches on max settings with smoother framerates than ever. It's like a whole new game.

The only thing is that now I notice the odd stuttering that occurs around teleporters, which has no effect on the displayed FPS for some reason. I hope it's something that'll be fixed somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by fpsmajor View Post
              I'm saving up to get myself a new PC that is able to play UT3 and future FPS games. So I was wondering, which is the best gaming PC brand that doesn't overcharge me for a custom gaming PC?

Thanks in advance.
              Anything but alienware. I built machines for years and made the stupid choice of buying a system from them. Had a video card burn out and wanted a warranty.

Look around

XPS systems

Falcon Northwest I hear is good.

Comment

Hey does anybody know if I can buy the Gateway FX7020 and be able to swap out the AMD Phenom for an Intel Quad Core Q6600 with no hassle?

The link is: http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529667887.php

It's specs are:

$1099.99 at Best Buy and Circuit City

AMD Phenom™ 9600 Processor (AMD LIVE!™) (2.30GHz, 2MB L3 cache, 3600MHz system bus)

3072MB 667MHz dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM (2-1024MB modules & 2-512MB modules)

500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA II/300 hard drive w/ 16MB cache

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GT card with 512MB onboard memory

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post
                  I got a Intel Q6600, 3GB ram, 512MB GF 8800 GT, 640GB Raid 0 pre-built for £584.10 from Dell. Like i already said, depending on your budget/needs, building yourself isn't always gonna be the best way.
                  That's a pretty sweet deal. I'll try DELL. I want those exact specs, well I was looking for a 500GB HD, but 640 will be nice.

Comment

The "build it yourself" brand is the best brand out there. Well give 100% of what you want. Upgrade to whatever you want.

Comment

I've heard self made PC's are the best. Equalled only by personally built brand.
                      24 7 tech support and the tech working on your machine really has a vested interest in your issues too...

Comment

built mine on cyberpower put all the same stuff on newegg (with some deals i had on both sites) turns out newegg was cheaper by about 300 or so bux, but the quality at which it was built is extremely nice, worth every bit of that 300 bux. the wires are all neatly harnessed looks extremely good. i checked a few other sites and they were relatively close, im sure there are better sites but i have heard good news about cyberpower, and depending on the deals they offer you could possibly save more. building your own is deff the way to go if you have the patience and enjoy that sort of thing.

Comment

Im an Aussie, so not that, much choice, but i built this and only this (signature) for only $1,500 from pluscorp. Oh and motherboard and Monitor. LOLZ
                          Not sure whether they ship to America or whatever. Be here is 3 days, hopefully.
                          As for pc brand, get intel Processor and Motherboard, Nvidia Graphics card, (you dont really need a sound card caz u can run off the MTB),Logitech Keyboard and mouse, 250 gb hdd, and corsair memory, 2gb for xp, 3gb 4 vista, oh yeah get vista not xp. ( i have xp) Vista will be =2 xp in 7 months if not better, so if you can't afford to spend money, get vista. Home premium.
                          And build ur own. Or buy dell xps, good 4 1st time gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
                            http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...id=966&subcat=

Can anyone give me a verdict on this machine? What kind of performance could I expect on highest settings?
                            Lovely build my friend, should be flawless.

Comment

Working...
                            X